Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Nov 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L WDW and Disney Cruise Trip Sept 2019 - Day 17 - Keys to the Kingdom Tour

Day 17 - MK, Keys to the Kingdom Tour and Toledo

We had Keys to the Kingdom Tour booked today for 8am. To date our plans to get into MK early for photos had been ruined. In 2015 we booked an early Crystal Palace breakfast, then they announced MK was having a 24 hour party that day and would be opening at 6am instead. This time, we thought we had managed it firstly we had an early Be our Guest booking at MK one day and then booking the first Keys to the Kingdom Tour as MK opened at 8 and we would need to check in at 7.45. Then they announced EMH from 7 ! `

I booked an ADR at Crystal Palace for 7am before our tour, however they didn't let everyone with dining reservations in early though, so I think I should just give up . We were one of the first in and got a photo quickly.

We checked into Crystal Palace and was the first into the restaurant!

We told our server we had to be quite quick and he was brilliant, he made sure the characters knew and brought the bill quickly. The breakfast was brilliant as well.

I can't remember what this was, but it was amazing I went back for some more!

We used 2 table credits and left $20 which was about 25% but we thought it was worth it.

We checked in for our Keys to the Kingdom Tour, we waited and it started at 8.

We first wandered down main street, finding out lots of facts. I'm not repeating them as don't want to ruin it for anyone who wants to do it. We were taken around adventure land, in the Tiki Room, then went backstage near splash mountain.

A few photos before we went backstage

We found out lots of information and saw all the floats. We stopped for questions, when we got back into the park we stopped for lunch. It was a very early lunch, especially with our breakfast but we both enjoyed our tacos at Peco Bill's. We had to choose at the start of the tour, I went for pork tacos and Chris went for chicken tacos.

After lunch we went on haunted mansion, we got loads of information about the ride and noticed new things when we then rode it.

We wandered into fantasy land, stopping to learn things as we went. We then went down the utilidoors very exciting and so cool, we walked under the castle . There was also some amazing photos of WDW being built in the utilidoors so we learnt lots about it. We came back out and finished our tour slightly after 1.

I think most people do two rides but our guide Rae seemed to be giving us more facts and history as she had worked for WDW for 24 years, I would rather this as we learnt so much!

The tour was just amazing and so fascinating, definitely recommend to anyone wanting to know more about WDW. We got this lovely pin

After we finished we have a Seven Dwarfs FP we went and used. The park was quite quiet so we went over to tomorrowland and went on the Monster Inc laugh floor, we didn't get picked on fortunately.

We then went on the people mover and carousel of progress as we had learnt about this on our tour.

The new tron coaster being built

We went and used our peter pan FP, I like this ride bit I don't get the hype and why it always has one of the longest queues.

I went and got a cinnamon bun from Gaston's taven which I took away to eat in the room later. We had a FP for celebration Mickey and Minnie so we used this before leaving the park.

They liked the look of my cinnamon bun!

It had ended up being a pretty long day in the park as we had got there for 7 and left at 4, worth it though. We went back to the room and Chris went and got a donut twist from cafe rix and we both enjoyed our pastries, the cinnamon bun was huge but I finished it!

We were originally going to go for a drink at the boardwalk but we were so tired, we had dinner booked in Toledo in our hotel so we decided to stay in our hotel and would go to the boardwalk the next night.

We went to walk around the hotel, it is a huge resort but we loved it. We found the hammocks and relaxed on them while the sun went down. We had some sneaky drinks in our Disney cups

We checked in half an hour early at Toledo as we were hoping we could finish and go for a drink in Deliah Lounge for the star wars fireworks. They were able to sit us after 10 mins.

This is only one table service credit at the moment and wow! The massive steak for two was included, I had assumed it wouldn't be, as we were both going to get a steak anyway we had the sharing one. You got two sides, we had the potatoes bravas and the cauliflower. The food was so good!

I had a red wine and Chris had a beer, then we both got the toledo tapas bar for dessert which was also very good. We loved this meal. It would have come to $140 and we used two table credits.

We finished our puddings and went to the bar next door and got a table outside. We both got their special gran gin and tonic, they make their own orange tonic which was so good!

We watched the fireworks and enjoyed our drink. This bar is lovely and we could have happily spent more time here. Once we finished our drink, we headed back to our room.

Finished below...

Edited at 10:44 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Day 18 - EPCOT

Edited at 09:58 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List