Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Nov 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L WDW and Disney Cruise Trip Sept 2019 - Day 19 - Animal Kingdom

Day 19 - Animal Kingdom

We had spent a couple of half days at AK, but we planned in an extra day to make sure we had plenty of time to enjoy the park. We got up about 6.30 and got a bus about 7.15 to AK. EMH were from 7 but we couldn't bring ourselves to get up early enough for that, we were starting to get pretty tired from all the early starts and busy days. But we only had two days left though so we wanted to make the most of it!

We got to AK at 7.35. I have to say, CSR was amazing for getting to the parks, we stayed at SSR last time and noticed how much quicker we got everywhere. It is definitely in a great location.

We went over to pandora and went straight on Na'vi river which was a walk on. We had a FP for FOP later, it already had a 40 min queue so we didn't bother waiting for it and went on Everest instead. We stopped for a drink at the Joffrey coffee place, we had quite a few snack credits left.

We then went and used our FOP FP, this ride is amazing but it seems to take ages to get through the pre ride videos which definitely would put me off repeat riding!

We got the train over to Rafiki's Planet Watch to do the animation experience. We were off the train right by the exit gate so we were first to get there, this meant we got to throw some balls full of treats to the goats . We didn't quite understand but we did it anyway!

We then went into the animation experience, we did this in Hong Kong Disney and HS last time. This was different to both, it catered for a lot more people and they gave you paper with the circles and lines already on, which I guess saves them time on the drawing.

We drew Simba, we both really enjoyed this. It moves quite fast so difficult to keep up at times but think we both did pretty well.

We got a train straight back as we had a Kilimanjaro Safari FP, we used this and had some great sightings again.

White rhino

We then went straight to the Nemo musical, this is brilliant! We hadn't seen the lion king show this time, but we had seen it in Hong Kong so we weren't too worried about seeing it.

We went and got some lunch after the show, we decided to go to Satu'li Canteen in pandora. I had chicken and noodles with a Dreamwalker sangria and Chris had shrimps with rice and beans with a beer. This was good, not too big and was nice to have something lighter.

We had booked an extra FP for the Rapids, we've never done this before. We put our stuff in the lockers, I got reasonably wet but Chris got soaked .

We left the park and went back to the hotel as we felt like we had done everything we wanted to do in the park and it was pretty hot.

I went to the gym and we then went to get ice cream from cafe rix, I had mint choc chip and Chris had cookies and cream, we used two snack credits.

We relaxed then got ready to go for our dining reservation at Sanaa. We went to reception first to pay off some of our room bill with our gift card and cash. We popped up to Deliah lounge to see it in the day too.

We got a Lyft to Animal Kingdom Lodge, we fancied having longer to relax than getting two buses, this was about $8. We forgot that Sanaa was in Kidini Village so walked there from jambo house, we were early though so had plenty of time. We checked in and were shown to our table.

We had done Sanaa last time and loved their bread, we were going to get this anyway and pay extra but you can actually swap the bread for two dessert credits, so we had it instead whoop! We weren't aware of this but fortunately the couple next to us asked and I had overheard!

I had the butter chicken, paneer tikka and lentil dahl which came with basmati rice with a glass of red wine. Chris had the lamb shank with glass of white wine. The food here is amazing, it was one of our favourite restaurants last time and it didn't disappoint. We used two table service credits, but it would've come to about $115. We think on our next visit we definitely would do this restaurant twice.

We left and an AK bus turned up straight away. The park was closing at 8 (it was just after 7 by this point) but we wanted to see pandora in the dark, or as dark as we could and go on Expedition Everest in the dark.

We headed straight to pandora and wandered around while it was getting dark. We stopped for an ice lolly, we had booked a FP for everest so we could do it just before closing, but we didn't need it, we walked straight on to twice. It is so cool in the dark!

It was now 8 so we headed out the park to beat the rush, we had seen rivers of light which was just starting so we saw some as we walked by.

We didn't feel ready to go back as it was our penultimate night so we got a bus to HS. A lot of people had the same idea as the bus was busy. Our first time getting on a character bus, despite seeing a lot around!

We got to HS, the park was still quite busy but we weren't fussed getting on anything, so we just went for a walk around the park, enjoying the atmosphere. Rock n roller coaster only had a 20 min queue so we went on, it actually only took about 10.

After we got off we decided to call it a night and get out of the park before the rush after the fireworks. A bus turned up quite quickly and we got back just after 10.

We packed some more of our stuff and watched Hunchback of Notre Dame. We were just going to sleep then we heard some fireworks. All the parks were closed so we went out to investigate and it was coming from EPCOT. It was midnight so I'm guessing they were testing the new fireworks display which was starting the week after.

Day 20 - MK and MNSSHP

Edited at 10:58 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List