Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Nov 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Mr Grump is a little like that too, it does panic me a bit as I'm not an amazing swimmer either.

I'm sure they've got plenty of more years to try Summit Plummet 😉 xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
What a fun filled day, a week after we met up and I have still not got to the day in my report when we met- Coming very soon though

Have to admit we love BB, Alison doesn't and tends to become photographer or the person who doesn't have achey legs in eth evening - so many uphill steps there.
Such a pity Max did not get to experience the biggest wedgie known to humankind, that is Summit Plummet it really is the most incredible feeling once you have done it

Your Nachos for lunch look great as was your transition to Epcot for the rest of the day.
Lovely pictures with Baymax and Joy/Sadness well worth waiting for.
So impressed that you got Mum and Dad onto Mission Space Orange
That ride photo on Frozen needs some TLC - it is so rubbish unless you sit in the front row. I'm sure they can make it much better that it is (same with POTC in MK too)

Biergarten looks exactly what we have always thought of it and to be really honest probably whey we have never ended up eating there, we always book somewhere else despite the best intentions.
Grapefruit beer in Germany is so refreshing to drink though although I would probably have joined your Dad for the wheat beer!

Shame about the sound for Illuminations can feel your ire in reading about it. Must have been so frustrating and I just hope you got to say goodbye to Illuminations properly on your final visit to Epcot.

Fantastic day, love all the photos and I'm sure the Dibb is ready for your BB ones too

Look forward to Day 10

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Mr Grump is a little like that too, it does panic me a bit as I'm not an amazing swimmer either.

I'm sure they've got plenty of more years to try Summit Plummet 😉 xx
I hope we do have plenty more opportunities to avoid summit plummet so that we have to keep coming back.

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
What a fun filled day, a week after we met up and I have still not got to the day in my report when we met- Coming very soon though

Have to admit we love BB, Alison doesn't and tends to become photographer or the person who doesn't have achey legs in eth evening - so many uphill steps there.
Such a pity Max did not get to experience the biggest wedgie known to humankind, that is Summit Plummet it really is the most incredible feeling once you have done it

Your Nachos for lunch look great as was your transition to Epcot for the rest of the day.
Lovely pictures with Baymax and Joy/Sadness well worth waiting for.
So impressed that you got Mum and Dad onto Mission Space Orange
That ride photo on Frozen needs some TLC - it is so rubbish unless you sit in the front row. I'm sure they can make it much better that it is (same with POTC in MK too)

Biergarten looks exactly what we have always thought of it and to be really honest probably whey we have never ended up eating there, we always book somewhere else despite the best intentions.
Grapefruit beer in Germany is so refreshing to drink though although I would probably have joined your Dad for the wheat beer!

Shame about the sound for Illuminations can feel your ire in reading about it. Must have been so frustrating and I just hope you got to say goodbye to Illuminations properly on your final visit to Epcot.

Fantastic day, love all the photos and I'm sure the Dibb is ready for your BB ones too

Look forward to Day 10
I do like the water park days. Lots of fun and just so laid back. There isn't any real strategy you need to try and pull off other than how many times can you lap the park in the lazy river and how many waves you can catch in the wave pool.

You're right about all the steps though, gee wiz there are loads and it's all with bare feet on concrete and you have to carry tube! The slides are worth it though. Lots of laughter today.

The evening in Epcot was lovely but you are right I was incredibly frustrated with the music cutting out. It was very patchy and I lost count of the number of times it went off and then came back on again about 20 seconds later. It was really offputing and I found it difficult to focus. We did get to see it properly later in the trip so I got to say goodbye.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Day 10 is up...

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Fun time at Blizzard beach. Shame breakfast a bit meh but lunch certainly looked better. The sangria must be bad if you would vote for water instead! What have they done to make it so yuk?

Nice to have a bit of downtime before the park. The headless ride shot is well, priceless!
Shame about the character wait. That would definitely be beyond my patience.
Yeah not feeling that Biergarten vibe. Except maybe the bell ringing chap. And to the sound of music too. Disney really do the details for absolutely everything don’t they 😉
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Fun time at Blizzard beach. Shame breakfast a bit meh but lunch certainly looked better. The sangria must be bad if you would vote for water instead! What have they done to make it so yuk?

Nice to have a bit of downtime before the park. The headless ride shot is well, priceless!
Shame about the character wait. That would definitely be beyond my patience.
Yeah not feeling that Biergarten vibe. Except maybe the bell ringing chap. And to the sound of music too. Disney really do the details for absolutely everything don’t they 😉
Yep, much better lunch than breakfast. Crikey that sangria was awful though and I'm not at all fussy.

The bells were a lovely touch, the entertainment there was good actually and it was a good show I just don't want to have to make small talk throughout dinner.

Old 4 Dec 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Imagine being able to go to Epcot once a month, what a life. I always wonder if I would still love the parks if we lived close.

Character meet lines are the hardest to put up with because the queue areas are so dull.

It's sad that you'll never see Illuminations again. We really enjoyed Epcot Forever, we preferred it to Illuminations.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Nice chilled morning at BB, it sounds like fun was had by all on the slides.

It's a shame you didn't enjoy Biergarten, I don't think I would enjoy the communal aspect of it either. How annoying of the speaker going off and on like that, it's no wonder you couldn't concentrate. I hope you had better luck with Illuminations next time.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Imagine being able to go to Epcot once a month, what a life. I always wonder if I would still love the parks if we lived close.

Character meet lines are the hardest to put up with because the queue areas are so dull.

It's sad that you'll never see Illuminations again. We really enjoyed Epcot Forever, we preferred it to Illuminations.
That line for Joy and Sadness was bad and it definitely did not have any Joy whatsoever in it. We should have just walked away, but there's a weird sort of thing that goes through your mind that you've waited so long and you think it would be stupid to walk away. In the end the meet and greet was not good.

I wonder when the new show HarmoniUs (not 100% sure of spelling) is going to start. I watched a couple of vlogs of Epcot Forever and it looks great, of course I love the use of the Figment song! I hope we get the chance to see it for real. Fingers crossed the new show will be along time in the making and not come until after next summer.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Nice chilled morning at BB, it sounds like fun was had by all on the slides.

It's a shame you didn't enjoy Biergarten, I don't think I would enjoy the communal aspect of it either. How annoying of the speaker going off and on like that, it's no wonder you couldn't concentrate. I hope you had better luck with Illuminations next time.
No, communal dining isn't my cup of tea. It's not that I'm completely unsociable as actually I quite like chatting with people on the bus or something, but the whole meal is a bit long. Plus I actually like taking to my family.

Next and final viewing of illuminations was good actually

Old 26 Dec 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I may need to stop reading as I now really want to eat a Mickey pretzel with cheese and those nachos have just about tipped me over the edge although not the sangria-I agree it’s not the best, oh how I’d like a margarita
Well done to Kate winning the rubber duck, Eve will be gutted when I tell her Max didn’t get to cross the ice as he was too old as she’ll be too old next year
Epcot looked good, I love all the character photos even with the wait!
Shame Biergarten food wasn’t really for you, nice to see some of Max’s special buffet plates the entertainment looked fun. Your Illuminations photos are good it’s a shame about the sound.
I’m off for a Schofferhofer as Santa put some in my stocking and to see what savoury delights can make up for the pretzel and nachos cravings...
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List