Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Feb 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

2020 onsite 5th sleeper confusion

I am looking at booking either CBR or POR for July 2020.
I have priced these up on Disney (not booking yet as I am hoping for free dining)
We are a family of five and my youngest will be 7 when we go next year. There are only preferred rooms available at CBR so that is putting it at a similar price as POR who have standard rooms at the moment.
However, if I try for a family of 4, CBR have standard rooms available which is more in my price range. I thought all rooms had a Murphy bed at CBR
Is this something to do with being a family of 5?
I am worried that by the time free dining is out all standard rooms will be gone, then I will be out priced of staying onsite
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

No, not all rooms at CBR have Murphy beds. Once free dining/2020 offer is released, then you should be fine to book a standard room as they should be released then. Try not to worry

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirsty2tt
Excited about Disney

I asked for a price to change my room this year. My agent called Disney and they told him they are no longer accepting bookings for 5 in a room if all over 9. I think the way they've loaded it is so that no one can book it if they have 5, so they call to book. This prevents people with older children booking it. I was hoping it was a mistake but the way the standard rooms have been loaded looks like this isn't. You should find the upgraded room types are still available (or at least they were yesterday when I checked online)

Just to add if you need a room for 5 search for 4 and select the standard room with 5th sleeper option. This will give you the price you need.

Edited at 10:04 PM.
Kirsty2tt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
No, not all rooms at CBR have Murphy beds. Once free dining/2020 offer is released, then you should be fine to book a standard room as they should be released then. Try not to worry
You may have already guessed that my middle name is worry lol
Fingers and toes crossed that free dining is available in April lol lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kirsty2tt View Post
I asked for a price to change my room this year. My agent called Disney and they told him they are no longer accepting bookings for 5 in a room if all over 9. I think the way they've loaded it is so that no one can book it if they have 5, so they call to book. This prevents people with older children booking it. I was hoping it was a mistake but the way the standard rooms have been loaded looks like this isn't. You should find the upgraded room types are still available (or at least they were yesterday when I checked online)

Just to add if you need a room for 5 search for 4 and select the standard room with 5th sleeper option. This will give you the price you need.
It’s all very confusing lol
My youngest will be 7 however my older two will be 16 & 14
My eldest daughter is only a twig so she can fit on a shelf lol lol
Old 20 Feb 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirsty2tt
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
It’s all very confusing lol
My youngest will be 7 however my older two will be 16 & 14
My eldest daughter is only a twig so she can fit on a shelf lol lol
Tell me about it!
We are normally only a 3 but this year have 2 extras joining us. My son is turning 11 and is smaller than most 9 year olds. The call my agent had was just 2 days ago. I already have a 5th sleeper room booked for this year I just couldn't change due to this new rule. I was hoping it was just a cast member with the wrong information. However even looking for this year the same layout is on the website. I hope they realise it's only loaded for 4 and change it to 5 to make it bookable. I think at least having one under 9 means you still qualify it's just making sure you price the right room when looking for 4 people.
Old 21 Feb 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I have looked again this morning and there is no moderate hotels for a family of 5
I Have got to stop looking! Lol