Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Jan 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Recommendations for a 'just in case' Miami hotel - cheapish

We are flying into Miami this year as prices were too good not too... our flight is due to land 3pm local time ...so 8pm to us; hoping to be on the road by 5pm ... so will feel like 10pm and head straight up to Orlando

OH is used to driving late at night and also has an ability to sleep anywhere anytime so tiredness wont be an issue, however i am thinking about a back up should we encounter any delays as wouldnt want to be driving any later

So looking for recommendations near miami airport or an hour ish up the road that we could have booked should it be needed
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

The Sheraton directly across the road from the airport is nice. Think we only paid around £75 for the night. (In advance though)
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

We have booked the Comfort Suites North for our stay in August. Has been recommended multiple times on here. And it has a sofa bed as well as 2 doubles which suits our family better.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
We have booked the Comfort Suites North for our stay in August. Has been recommended multiple times on here. And it has a sofa bed as well as 2 doubles which suits our family better.
We stayed here last year and have booked again this year. Easy to find even in the dark and mcdees is a 5 min walk away. Room was absolutely fine and a nice breakfast the next day. We’ve paid £58 this time ... bargain!
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

We stayed at the Best Western nearby. Like your husband I can sleep anywhere but after traveling from Scotland through London and then on to Miami we didn’t then fancy the 4hr drive up the road that night. We booked with Tesco clubcard vouchers, so basically free (apart from tax) with complimentary breakfast and were in Orlando for lunch.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

Are you talking about a throwaway booking or one you can cancel on the day?

I had the airport Clarion booked as I wasn't sure if we'd be up to driving. It was cancellable up to 4pm on the day.

As it happened we felt fine so just cancelled it for free - this was via the Clarion's website. I'm sure you'd be able to do this for other hotels if you check out their t&cs.
sotagals is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
Are you talking about a throwaway booking or one you can cancel on the day?

I had the airport Clarion booked as I wasn't sure if we'd be up to driving. It was cancellable up to 4pm on the day.

As it happened we felt fine so just cancelled it for free - this was via the Clarion's website. I'm sure you'd be able to do this for other hotels if you check out their t&cs.
Exactly this! Our flight is due to land at 3 - if its on time we will drive, if its delayed we want to stay

Thanks v much :-)
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

I've saved a few cheap motels on a trip advisor 'trip' all along the route and we're just going to drive until we feel like stopping. We also land at 3pm and hoping to leave the airport sometime between 4 and 7pm!
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s also worth considering how long it will take you to get through the airport. It took us well over 2 hours the last time we flew into Miami.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
It’s also worth considering how long it will take you to get through the airport. It took us well over 2 hours the last time we flew into Miami.
Last time we landed at 6 and left the airport at just gone 10pm. Waited ages for our cases then over 2 hours in queues for our hire car with Avis! It was a nightmare!