Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Feb 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Staying at Dolphin, how far to walk to BC food court or Boardwalk Bakery?

That's it really. Am I mad in thinking I might buy breakfast at the above? I don't want to spend loads on breakfast every day (no dining plan). Even more ridiculous probably but could we buy a refillable mug from BC and fill it there and Boardwalk? We are going to have a few pool days and are trying to keep costs down!
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
It’s not far to the Boardwalk. Literally just across the bridge. The Boardwalk bakery is a bit further though.

I’m not at all convinced it will be cheaper than the Dolphin for
Breakfast. I don’t think I’ve ever been checked where I was staying when I bought a refillable mug but we don’t buy them when we are staying at the Boardwalk. I definitely wouldn’t walk from the Dolphin to the Boardwalk pool for a drink.

I’d suggest a trip to buy some drinks. There is a small shop at the petrol station which is within walking distance of the Boardwalk (and The dolphin although a bit further). I’d go there and buy some soft drinks. Take a wheeled case as they could be heavy if it’s a long walk back.

For breakfast there is Picabu in the Dolphin but I’d buy a few things to have in your room and then eat properly once you are out and about.

Edited at 12:51 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

The Dolphin has a bigger choice of Quick Service food than Beach Club anyway. As well as Picabu there is a place off the lobby that I can't remember the name of.
Old 16 Feb 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

It’s something like marketplace? There is also an ice cream place very similar to beaches and cream called the fountain.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you - sounds like we will have options at the Dolphin and i will stock our fridge too

Edited at 12:32 AM.
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

From Dolphin exit to Boardwalk Bakery is about .5 of a mile. The lake is almost a mile around. I know as I run it.
Old 17 Feb 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Dunc
Very Serious Dibber

Dolphin has its own refillable mug. You can get refills at Picabu, Fountain and Swan Splash bar. About $18 for length of stay. Breakfast at Picabu is excellent, though pricier than Disney, but refillable mug makes it about the same, if used wisely. We always buy groceries from Screen Door on Boardwalk. Way cheaper than Dolphin shops, and very short walk.
Dunc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List