Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Feb 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Which Onsite would you book

Hi all,

Looking at planning to go in 2020 after having to cancel 2016 due to pregnancy and Zika (wow where has the time gone) we did sneak in a DLP in between though

Still weighing up the onsite/offsite/split stay but if you were to stay onsite where would you recommend for us?

2 adults, 2 kids *age 3,6* first Disney Florida experience (not planning on any other parks)

The cancelled one we had booked Wilderness Lodge as they had fab offers due to construction. Am tempted with WL due to its location to Magic Kingdom but it is expensive. I know the girls would love AKL especially a savannah view but how does that fair location wise?

Or do we save the pennies for spending and select a mod like POFQ or POR?

Thanks
Old 20 Feb 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I'd go for Port Orleans and pay to upgrade to DDP so you can get character meals included at their ages . I expected to love AKL but didn't ... too many day visitors cluttering it up, WL is stunning but overall I'd choose PO for a young family, so pretty and good food choices. The boat to Disney Springs is another plus if you have the dining plan and aren't driving.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Not sure how many members are in the Dibb, but I can pretty much guarantee you’ll get a different opinion from them all!

Money no object. For me Beach club or SSP
Next level AK or WL
Next POR /PFQ
Next Pop

Not much help sorry
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
So many choices- We're doing POFQ this time- with upgraded ddp for character meals- main reasons being the single bus stop, small size and fun pool Would love a delux but cannot justify the cost. If I was a little richer I'd be looking at Contemporary or Beach club for ease of assess to parks. POFQ was significantly cheaper even with the upgraded plan than any of the delux.

I think the free dining offer if available may influence your choice. Value seem a poor choice compared to moderates on free dining. Animal Kingdom can be a little more affordable and I'm sure would appeal to the kids- even without Savannah view. Loads going on if you are going to be at the resort a lot.
How much time will you be at the resort- little point going delux unless you are going to be using the facilities a lot or get good transport links.
If I was stretching to wilderness lodge I'd probably try and stretch a little more to contemporary and walk to MK- bliss.

Edited at 02:51 PM.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

I remember looking last time and dont want to do Pop/All Stars etc. I know its only somewhere to stay but would like at least a moderate.

WL appeals for its closeness to MK aswell. I imagine we would spend a bit of time there ar their ages.

What dining plan do you get with POR if the free dining comes out?

I like getting the mixed opinions - helps me weigh it all up and add's to my research ha ha
Old 20 Feb 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
QS dining with moderates last year- was about £17 per adult a day to upgrade but only £ 3-4 per child- Bargain
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post

I would choose Contemporary if I wanted to be near MK, like to have the walking option. I would be quite happy with AK too, although I would not spend money on a Savannah view room.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

That is a bargain. Contemporary looks nice but always seems to be so much more in cost.
Old 20 Feb 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
That is a bargain. Contemporary looks nice but always seems to be so much more in cost.
Yes I have noticed that the last couple of years, it only ever seems to have top rooms available and hence silly prices.

I looked at April 2020 yesterday when the new rates were loaded online and it was better than normal!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

I had a quick look at May but been out of the loop for a couple of years so no idea what is a good or not good price. Can you add on free dining if it comes available?