Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Feb 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
I had a quick look at May but been out of the loop for a couple of years so no idea what is a good or not good price. Can you add on free dining if it comes available?
I am not sure about adding on free dining, I have seen it mentioned a few times but not sure there is consensus on the matter. I am going to wait.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I think if I wanted to be near MK, then Contemporary would be my choice. If I didn't need to be near MK then I've always thought that the pool at beach club looks like fun.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

If you want to be near MK especially then contemporary is the best because it is the only one you can walk to, you could see about renting DVC points for BLT but you would have to pay to add the dining plan. I know you like moderates but there are the suites at AoA, this has very child friendly theming, will give you space and will be on the skyliner by the time you go for an added bonus. Sometimes it is nice to be able to put the little ones down in the afternoon for a nap and then head into the lounge to watch some tv and relax rather than everyone having to be 'lights out' at the same time.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I'd think about where you think you're most likely to spend the majority of your time, then consider the resort that's nearest to there.

When we're not doing Disney parks we stay at AKL, we love the resort & find it's far enough away that I'm not tormented with them on my doorstep! Whilst the parks are accessible from there, the transfers are long and there isn't anywhere walkable.

MK or Epcot are our next favourite locations so it depends on what we did last time, what events if any are on and just where we think we're most likely to spend most of our time.

The Epcot resorts usually win for us due to their proximity to both Epcot & HS, but if it's Halloween time or we've not stayed there for a long time, then MK.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

What does it mean to rent dvc points? How’s this done? Thanks
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Thanks for the advice. How far is AKL from the resorts? I didnt realise it was so far out. I did think about DVC but prefer hte flexibility of amending with booking direct (eg last time I fell pregnant and had to cancel due to Zika and got all my money back)

Contemporary would be the most ideal as I am sure we will be in MK a lot due to the kids ages but looking at prices I think it could be out of our budget I think possibly POR or POFQ might be more in our price range. How do they fare location wise?

Thanks all
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Thanks for the advice. How far is AKL from the resorts?
Thanks all
It has a good bus service, but we like to be able to walk to a park or get there quickly by boat / monorail, I think it has a very remote feel about it also.

It's all about perspective, it's probably not too far, but for us it's our 'Universal parks only holiday' go to.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

I think with us being first timers and literally only doing Disney we need to be in a resort thats more in the thick of it
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post

I think with us being first timers and literally only doing Disney we need to be in a resort thats more in the thick of it
You generally have to get buses (or drive) anyway, other than for a few exceptions like Contemporary to MK, Beach / Yacht to Epcot. But if you want to go anywhere else, and most will, a bus (or car) is required.

As for AK being far out, no I don’t really get that. If you look at a map, Magic Kingdom is furthest away from all the other parks and Disney Springs. Not that it really matters anyway as there are plenty of buses and it is pretty easy to get from anywhere to anywhere else.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Last time we had planned to do a week on and a week off and hire a car but I think for ease (and also not having to bring car seats) We will stay onsite. Sounds like its easy enough to get about.