Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Jan 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile Best 2 bedroom villas on site

So we have decided to opt for a 2 bedroom villa for our 2021 stay in wdw.
For those of you who have stayed in a 2 bedroom villa which is your favourite. Which is the closest?
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

I love Old Key West, you can park right outside your house and the apartment is huge. Two king beds in the one bedroom and a super king in the other. 3 bathrooms, one with a whirlpool. Utility room and full kitchen. I could honestly live there!
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Another vote for OKW the two bedroomed is huge it was our first stay onsite and were used to a 4 bed villa. We were not disaapointed nor did we feel compromised for space. The resort is so peaceful too although it didn't bother us one bit I would say the only downside is your choice of where to eat as their quick service is just a window with a few outside tables. The food they served was good though and we enjoyed Olivia's their table service restaurant
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Beach Club or Boardwalk two bed villas are walking distance to Epcot and HS which is a great perk.

You can walk to MK from BLT and you’re on the monorail to MK from the GF villas. Wilderness Lodge villas are a boat ride to MK.

SSR is an easy walk to Disney Springs and Old Key West is a long walk to Disney Springs - neither are walking distance to a park.

Riviera has the Skyliner to Epcot and HS.

AKL is a bus ride to everywhere.

So it depends where you want to be closest to in terms of location.

Old Key West villas are really big compared to the others (BLT has a big living area if you get a room on the right side of the curve).

But SSR and OKW are usually a lot cheaper so that could be a factor.

If you were going to rent DVC points (?) a standard view at the Boardwalk is an amazing deal
Old 24 Jan 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Sorry jumping on the thread. What are 2 bed villas at Boardwalk like in terms of space and beds? My colleague has DVC with that as her home resort and we may rent through her next time.
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
craigstacey
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by discoclare View Post
Sorry jumping on the thread. What are 2 bed villas at Boardwalk like in terms of space and beds? My colleague has DVC with that as her home resort and we may rent through her next time.
I’m considering a 2 bed villa for a family trip next year and have found some very good walkthroughs on YouTube. We were at Boardwalk studio in December and loved the location and property. I’m also considering the recently refurbished 2 bedroom villas at Saratoga Springs which look really nice 👍
Chatham Park + Boardwalk Studio December 2019

Craig
craigstacey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by discoclare View Post
Very decent - what’s your family make up?
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Random question and jumping in...can you still get free DDP with a 2 bed villa? Assuming available in April for 2021
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Very decent - what’s your family make up?
2a + 2c (aged 7 and 9)
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would say it depends on budget/how you want to book. If you want free dining via Disney then OKW & SSR will be much cheaper than all the other but renting DVC points would be comparable at a lot of other resorts. We had a 2 bed at OKW a few years ago and it was fantastic but if money was no object I’d go for one of the Epcot resorts for location.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List