Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Feb 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
elshabba
Proud to wear my Ears

I've just downloaded an extension for the Google Chrome Browser called "DotVPN" which is free to use and it's let me log straight on to the 'Customize Your Magicband' page with no errors. There isn't a huge selection available, but there are a few. You could use this then easily uninstall the add on straight after. Hope this helps someone!
elshabba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Meb
Chilling at Carribean Beach

I received a response from WDW tonight:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

We are happy to hear that you will be visiting us soon, but saddened to know that you have experienced challenges when attempting to order your MagicBands.

Based on the information provided in your e-mail, we were able to partner with the Internet Help Desk. We were able to determine that you are visiting from the United Kingdom and we have identified that many Guests with the UK are experiencing similar challenges. While we are working on resolving this challenge as soon as possible, we do not have a current ETA.

In some cases, Guests however have had success switching to the U.S. bases site to customize their order. To do this, on the Disneyholidays.co.uk main page click the menu option called "Things to Do". Once the following page opens, you may click the "UK & Ireland (English)" link appearing next to "Welcome Ross" at the top of your account and, from the pop-up that appears, select "United States (English)". From there, you would attempt to customize your order.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact Disney's Internet Help Desk at 0800 16 90 749. Their hours of operation are 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, 365 days a year and they will be happy to assist you provided your order would be comprised of Complimentary (not Premium Style) MagicBands only.

Haven’t tried it yet tho...
2022 - Hopefully
Meb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 02:58 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Meb View Post
I thought it was always in $’s to upgrade? Even when you could access last year I’m sure it showed $’s. Which is fine by me as CC doesn’t charge fees.
It’s possible I’m misremembering and it was always dollars. And I’m ok too with no fx fees.

Originally Posted by Meb View Post
I received a response from WDW tonight:

We are happy to hear that you will be visiting us soon, but saddened to know that you have experienced challenges when attempting to order your MagicBands.

Based on the information provided in your e-mail, we were able to partner with the Internet Help Desk. We were able to determine that you are visiting from the United Kingdom and we have identified that many Guests with the UK are experiencing similar challenges. While we are working on resolving this challenge as soon as possible, we do not have a current ETA.

In some cases, Guests however have had success switching to the U.S. bases site to customize their order. To do this, on the Disneyholidays.co.uk main page click the menu option called "Things to Do". Once the following page opens, you may click the "UK & Ireland (English)" link appearing next to "Welcome Ross" at the top of your account and, from the pop-up that appears, select "United States (English)". From there, you would attempt to customize your order.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact Disney's Internet Help Desk at 0800 16 90 749. Their hours of operation are 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, 365 days a year and they will be happy to assist you provided your order would be comprised of Complimentary (not Premium Style) MagicBands only.

Haven’t tried it yet tho...
Glad to see that response, and that they’re accepting there’s an issue now. That’s progress Thanks for the update. Unfortunately their instructions to get to the U.S. site just redirect back to U.K. which has been part of the problem.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;

Edited at 03:05 AM.
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 03:47 AM  
Link to this Post
miikeyblue
Earning More Ears

Issues with choosing Magic Bands? A solution!

Not sure if any of you have been trying to choose magic bands, and getting the 'wreck it ralph' error page.

I was advised on facebook to install the Windscribe VPN app on my phone, set it to a free US VPN and then try - this did the trick for me. I've since uninstalled the app and it still works on my phone.

Doesn't seem to work via desktop, and haven't tried iPhone, but definitely a working solution for android!

Hope this helps someone - I was getting really frustrated with it myself!
miikeyblue is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
I think Disney have ‘regionalised’ their web site so you can only access the UK part. If you use VPN you can access the magic band choices and also the full inventory of hotels (and room choices) offered on the US site.
Do you set your location as US? And do you try and access the US site?
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

I tried downloading the VPN app and selecting US but it still doesn't work for me (using my iPhone).
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Me neither! I'll have to call, but have no idea how I'm going to be able to see the magicbands they have?
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 05:21 AM  
Link to this Post
miikeyblue
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by f1girly View Post
Me neither! I'll have to call, but have no idea how I'm going to be able to see the magicbands they have?
Here you go...

Edited at 05:24 AM.
miikeyblue is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Here’s the official email reply I got today from Disney to my report a few days ago through the app. Unfortunately if you’re looking to get an upgraded one that isn’t possible via the phone line from the sounds of it - just the regular colours.

“ Dear Wendy,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and we apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing during your vacation planning process. At the moment, we are experiencing technical enhancements with our MagicBand order for guests based in the United Kingdom. Our Technical teams are working as fast and efficiently as possible to get the Wreck-it Ralph error fixed.

If you were looking to purchase the premium MagicBands, I would advise keeping an eye on the MagicBand order periodically to see if the MagicBand selections show up for you to select. If you wish to retrieve complementary colors, you can reply to this email with colors that each guest would like, or you can contact our Internet Help desk at 0800 16 90 749 for assistance with getting that order pushed through for you.

Once again we do apologize for the inconvenience and do appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,

Donzetta
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.”
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 03:44 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Just a quick update that for the last three days it’s been working for me again without using a VPN, so looks like they have the issue fixed

Edited at 03:45 AM.