Old 20 Feb 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Bethyboo
Excited about Disney

Bethyboo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
AKL with club level

Like many others, we are waiting to see what the Disney dining offers are for next year.

I think we have decided on AKL with a savannah view as our first choice of accommodation, but if free DDP is offered, would you consider paying extra for club level (currently around $50 a night)?

We are a family of 4, with a 15 & 10 year old in one room, so thinking the option of sitting in a lounge of an afternoon/evening might be welcome for the extra space alone.

We are planning on spending our first week on-site without a car before moving to a villa for two weeks. Our dates with be the last three weeks of August.
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Fairy Helen
Excited about Disney

Mobile

First time we went we did AKL club level no DDP. We loved it and enjoyed club lounge snacks and drinks. We didn’t have any TS meals during that visit.
However having had free DDP on all other trips, we wouldn’t do a trip without it, the meals we choose we’d probably not do if it was out of pocket or at least not as many due to cost.
If you can do club and get free DDP and you know you would use both for the money - best of both worlds, lounge for chilling and food snacks plus meals.
I guess if it’s free DDP and a bit extra for club I’d consider it. As like you say space and chill. Plus after a late one at the parks lovely to have a night cap and cookies!
Fairy Helen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

I would if it is $50 for the 4 of you as you could have breakfast, and a couple of drinks for that easily, anymore I wouldn't bother as you will have so much food on the ddp. :-)
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post

I would generally not be inclined to bother with club level if I had a dining plan and especially a free dining plan. But if it really is a very small extra amount then maybe you would get the benefit of it.

We have stayed club level at Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian when we did not have a dining plan. There was nothing wrong with the lounges but I really would not have chosen to spend time in either other than for taking meals.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
steel1203
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I stayed AKL club level in 2016 and the extra cost from a savannah room to club level was £300 for the 10 nights and for us it was so worth it! Made holiday extra special, beers/wine on tap, gorgeous nibbles and we did more signature meals during this trip and for us this was a good balance.
steel1203 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

Mobile

We have stayed club level whilst on free DDP as it was less than £300 extra for the 4 of us. We loved it, we used it every day for breakfast as it was so much quieter and used to pop in of an evening for a few drinks. On resort days we also used to go in for some drinks and little snacks if we weren’t quite ready for lunch etc. we found it really relaxing and well worth the extra money
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List