Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
luckystrikes
slightly serious Dibber

VA Premium Economy

Starting to work on a cost for September 2019. I was wondering what you all think would be a good cost for Premium Economy?

We will be flying from Glasgow (2 adults) and I wondered if booking the day flights are released if PE would be that much more expensive than standard.
luckystrikes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by luckystrikes View Post
Starting to work on a cost for September 2019. I was wondering what you all think would be a good cost for Premium Economy?

We will be flying from Glasgow (2 adults) and I wondered if booking the day flights are released if PE would be that much more expensive than standard.
I though I'd do a little experiment so I checked the following - I looked at what it would cost for two weeks from Manchester (know you want Glasgow but the theory should still hold and I know they fly each day from man) on the latest possible available booking (I.e. today is release day for flights returning on March 19th)

Economy Classic is 481
Premium is 848

I then looked at a flight returning 8 weeks from now (I.e. going in 6 weeks)

Economy Classic is 585
Premium is 905

Not scientific I know but it does seem to suggest that premium is always sold at a premium over economy and all things being equivalent it's the same premium

(I know this isn't always the case but I'm willing to guess it is more than it isn't)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We booked a package for this July in December last year and just happened to be looking around end feb and I got us upgraded to pe on the way out for about £300 for us both. I thought this was ok
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
luckystrikes
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks, That's a good way to look at it. So essentially around 300 to 350 more and anything less.9f a difference is a good deal.
luckystrikes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Cantcook
Imagineer

Mobile

Anything around £800 is good.
Cantcook is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

i tend to go E out with PE back i always get it around 450 - 600 max.

i got mine for this summer 450 Economy out and PE back.

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by sophie1405 View Post
i tend to go E out with PE back i always get it around 450 - 600 max.

i got mine for this summer 450 Economy out and PE back.
Is that for MCO or your countdown flight to NYC? New York flights tend to be much cheaper than MCO flights as there are more of them per day from virgin and more competition from others.

For instance I've never got a UC return to MCO below 1500 quid but I can often get an UC new York return for around 900 quid
Old 23 Apr 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cantcook
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Is that for MCO or your countdown flight to NYC? New York flights tend to be much cheaper than MCO flights as there are more of them per day from virgin and more competition from others.

For instance I've never got a UC return to MCO below 1500 quid but I can often get an UC new York return for around 900 quid
Really?! I’ve never seen NYC below £1500 either. Please post when that deal crops up.

Best I’ve seen for UC to MCO was out of MAN for £1200 last year.
Cantcook is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
luckystrikes
slightly serious Dibber

I like the idea of PE on the return leg so will have a look at that. Are you booking direct with Virgin or can the likes of Skyscanner offer a similar mixed flight?
Old 24 Apr 18, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Cantcook View Post
Really?! I’ve never seen NYC below £1500 either. Please post when that deal crops up.

Best I’ve seen for UC to MCO was out of MAN for £1200 last year.
You probably won't see it as its a negotiated rate with work (very cheap and fully flexible) ...

I've never gotten UC to MCO (same deal different pricing) anywhere near NYC numbers

That said our corporate head office is London and our global operations centre is NYC so we travel that route an awful lot (I probably do it 6 times a year) so I'm guessing we get a good repeat business deal

Edit: there are people I work with that I never see in the office but bump into in the UC bar on the plane often - which is surreal

Edited at 12:27 AM.