Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Oct 18, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I have looked at the same cabin Bats recommended to me for our May 19 cruise and notice it's only going up circa £100 for the similar dates in 2020.
Thats not bad in my view.

Here is a question. Can I get a discount on a 2020 cruise without even having done the already booked 2019 cruise?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 02:35 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I have looked at the same cabin Bats recommended to me for our May 19 cruise and notice it's only going up circa £100 for the similar dates in 2020.
Thats not bad in my view.

Here is a question. Can I get a discount on a 2020 cruise without even having done the already booked 2019 cruise?
Afraid not Mr Morrow. The placeholder that you book whilst onboard is the perk that gives you the 10% discount on a future cruise.

If you're interested in a cruise for 2020, best thing is to book it now, then 'reshop' it when onboard in May. It may be cheaper when you take off the 10%, or it may have gone up in price more than 10%, in which case, stick with what you've got.
Make sense?

Sorry!
Joa
Old 5 Oct 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
We need to cruise together again!
hope one day we reunion...
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Afraid not Mr Morrow. The placeholder that you book whilst onboard is the perk that gives you the 10% discount on a future cruise.

If you're interested in a cruise for 2020, best thing is to book it now, then 'reshop' it when onboard in May. It may be cheaper when you take off the 10%, or it may have gone up in price more than 10%, in which case, stick with what you've got.
Make sense?

Sorry!
Joa
Joa. Thank you for the response. That makes sense, it was me pondering on a discount as I do like discounts!

Some thinking to be done ref this.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Joa. Thank you for the response. That makes sense, it was me pondering on a discount as I do like discounts!

Some thinking to be done ref this.
The thing to remember is that you can always cancel and get a full refund if you decide DCL is not for you after your first cruise. That's the beauty of booking direct or with a US TA.

Joa
Old 8 Oct 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Did anyone silver or lower manage to get a hawaiian cruise once those holding them released them?

I’m just being nosey - I was a gold member but didn’t try as I can currently only travel in the school holidays - such a shame as I would love to do that itinerary again (but on Disney rather than Carnival!) 🙂
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m silver and we got two on both cruises on our opening day...we released them a bit later after deciding on PC again but our TA didn’t seem to struggle to get the Hawaii ones for us x
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

I have not booked it as not interested in Hawaii at the moment. But on Friday when searching other cruises, I managed to get up a and click on verandah room for 10-night Hawaii for about £9k for 4 people!
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

As a silver I mananged to get the 9 night. The 10 night still doesn’t exist for me. We can’t go so didn’t booked.

Have been intrigued by Royal Caribbean’s Hawaiian cruises as they have better dates for us. But I really don’t want to cruise with anyone other than Disney.

Back to the drawing board for us!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List