Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 22 Oct 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Finally saw it tonight. It was amazing. Singing and acting were fab.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
I keep thinking of the film and the fantastic acting and music.

The scene at the end was filmed just after she got back on set after going to see her best friend who was dying. She had left the set and got there 10 minutes after she had died. She went back and filmed the last song. The emotion you saw in the film was real and the words even more poignant.

I watched the 1976 version last night and enjoyed it. It was good to see the similarities.
Wow I did not know this story! I’ve fallen in love with Lady Gaga always thought she was just a bit eccentric but she’s amazing!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DJMS
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Went today as part of Mrs birthday present.

Really wasn’t expecting to like the film but loved it. Music was excellent, especially the stuff sung by Bradley Cooper and Lady GaGa’S performance both acting and singing was superb.

Also, never thought it before now but when she’s stripped of makeup she does have a quirky sexiness about her 😉.

Ending was a telegraphed but still a great film.
DJMS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyExplorer
Imagineer

"SPOILERISH" I want to beat up the manager which ultimately led to the ending!
Old 20 Nov 18, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Saw this finally at the weekend with my mum.

I don’t cry easily, if at all, but this almost got me. I only managed to stop myself, as I was with my mum who NEVER cries, and would have teased me endlessly.

Turned to her at the end, to ask her opinion (which is always that was garbage) to see her on the edge of sobbing!

She still can’t speak about it, as she says it’s just too sad. I’ve asked her to come and watch it again, but she says she couldn’t handle it

We BOTH absolutely loved the film though. It was truly amazing. I had no idea that GaGa could act like that, and as for BCs singing, just wow.

If they don’t both get oscars, then they’ve been robbed.

I can’t stop listening to the soundtrack, and have to keep stopping myself from singing out load or sobbing at my desk

I can honestly say it is the best film I have seen in years
Old 21 Nov 18, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Wow I did not know this story! I’ve fallen in love with Lady Gaga always thought she was just a bit eccentric but she’s amazing!
Makes it even more special doesn't it, knowing the that? Gaga is amazing. I saw her live this year, but this was apparently her first acting role!
1972 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
Makes it even more special doesn't it, knowing the that? Gaga is amazing. I saw her live this year, but this was apparently her first acting role!
Actually her first acting role was as The Countess in American Horror Story: Hotel back in 2015. She was great in it too and won the Golden Globe for best actress in a miniseries for it.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List