Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 8 Oct 18, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore
Chilling at Carribean Beach

The beginnings of an itinerary... any suggestions?

First timers, 2 adults and 1 10 year old staying in POR. Likely to be our only ever visit.. Just booked our ADRs so starting to think about our itinerary, and here's what we have so far...

Friday - arrive in evening. No plans beyond eating and sleeping.

Saturday - MK for rope drop, BOG for breakfast at 9.30am. Few hours in MK. Not planned anything for rest of the day so far.

Sunday - full day in AK. Starting with breakfast at Tusker and have booked the river of light package. May need to escape for a few hours in the afternoon back at hotel in case the 10 yr old needs a nap to stay out for the evening show.

Monday - Full day at MK, with a few hours break at some point. Booked the fireworks dessert party in evening.

Tuesday - Free day. Possibly a trip to one of the water parks, maybe go back to AK for a few hours.

Wednesday - Day at epcot.

Thursday - Afternoon/evening at HS. Booked Mama Melrose for a late lunch and fantasmic in the evening. Might take advantage of EMH in morning to do another couple of hours at Epcot.

Friday - Possibly a few hours in HS to take advantage of EMH, followed by another water park day and/or trip to outlets. Booked Californian Grill in the evening.

Saturday - depart for Universal early in the morning

Sunday - Universal

Monday - Universal (flight home in the evening).

Do we have enough time at each parks? I'd have loved to have made room for a day trip to the Kennedy Space Centre, but I think it would be a squeeze. Though I don't think we'll be that fussed about water parks so we could do it on the Tuesday.

The 10 year old has flown to America before, so I'm conscious of the impact of time difference/jetlag and the need not to pack every spare minute with stuff!

All opinions and suggestions welcome!
Gbnomore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Just a few thoughts, although obviously you may have already formed up some plans.

I wouldn’t go to MK on first Saturday, I would go to AK, it usually has EMH on a Saturday and you could be up early anyway. I would take advantage of that and then have later breakfast or brunch at Tusker House.

Maybe Epcot /HS on Sunday as you have a firm booking in MK on Monday. I realise you might want to get to MK sooner, you could go one evening for a taster though.

Tuesday is a good day for a water park, but if you decide against the water park, I wouldn’t have a rest day just yet as your weekend days might be quite short if it crowded. I would take advantage of parks being quieter on a Tuesday and take a rest day later in the week.

I wouldn’t do a water park on the Friday. I probably wouldn’t do two waterparks on this length trip either.

I would like a bit more time in the parks than you have, but we do tend to repeat things a lot! We tend to do two or more parks most days and you can probably use evenings to revisit.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We always do 11 nights so similar to your plans, but don’t do Disney and Universal in the same trip. I understand this may be your only trip so that is why you want to do both and it is definitely possible.

Certainly don’t try to fit KSC in as well though or too much else as it would be too much of a rush. I would also drop one of the water parks, not really enough time for both in 11 days unless you are big fans of water parks.

I agree with Claudette about not having a rest day on the Tuesday, midweek should be quieter than weekends so make the most of it and visit a park, maybe have a rest morning by the pool and head into a park at lunchtime.

We always visit Magic Kingdom on the first day, while I agree it’s busy if it’s a weekend, we just want to see the castle first. We take advantage of being up early and go into MK early and leave just after lunch when it gets very busy and rest at the room for a while before going out for our evening meal and another park for a while.

If you are anything like me, your plans will change so many times between now and when you go, but it does seem a pretty good start to me 😀 Have a great time
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Thank you both! Since posting, we have rearranged the first weekend so that we have a late breakfast at Tusker on the Sat and BOG on the Sunday. We’ll take advantage of EMH and try to book some FP after breakfast and then if we’re tired/parks too busy we can have a more relaxing afternoon. I’m going to leave the Tue free to give us flexibility to go back to AK or MK as needed. Likewise Friday daytime.

I think we’ll done one water park max, skip KSC, though i’d Like to do some outlet shopping. Maybe I’ll go off and do that by myself while my husband and son are at a water park!

Definitely only planning a one time visit and my son is a massive HP fan so we definitely want to do Universal. We’ve booked 2 nights in a hotel there and fly home late at night.
Gbnomore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tayus1
a Friend of the DIBB

Eat at Tusker then go straight to the safari tour. Animals are often more active in the morning and then you beat the lengthy wait

Enjoy tusker house it’s amazing and if you are luck you may just be the “ family of the day”
Tayus1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List