Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 3 Nov 18, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Saturday 3rd November- plan was to head to Epcot for lunch, however we left our condo at 10.50 and then spent 45 minutes in a car queue with the rest of Orlando to get in! So instead we got the bus over to POR and had a look around, then took the boat to Disney springs for lunch and our last shopping bits. It's my birthday today so we blew the budget and had lunch at Maria and enzos 🙂. From DS onto a waiting bus bound for SSR and then a nice seat in the sunshine for 10 minutes before bussing again to AK where we had late afternoon fastpasses. We also caught the lion king show, fabulous as always. We planned taking the bus from there to CSR for a look around and dinner but we waited for about 25 minutes and no resort bus appeared so we got the OKW one instead. Man that resort is huge! We must have driven the loop for at least 15 minutes before dropping off at the hospitality buildings. It was full dark now and chilly in the breeze so we got an uber to the Steak 'n Shake near our condo and had something quick there.
We have waited around more today than all week put together, guess that's Saturday at WDW!

Edited at 02:27 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 06:10 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Sunday 4th November, last day in the parks for us.
We ubered to the polynesian and had lunch there, took a loop on the monorail then hit the magic kingdom around 2pm. Felt sticky hot today, no refreshing breeze like the rest of the week has had. Most rides were busy - including the people-mover 😳 so we did carousel of progress and monsters inc laugh floor. It started raining while we were in there but was only a shower. We had 3 fps for early evening and we also did pirates and the country bears show. After around 7pm the park seemed quieter and the ride lines weren't so bad. Had dinner in pecos bills- very good value I thought. People-mover had no real line, and then the rain started in earnest at around 8.30 just as we were coming off sdmt- and it bucketed just about all night from then. We watched the hea fireworks from the diamond horseshoe where we were sheltered from the rain, and left the park with the hordes. Monorail to contemporary then uber home (first surge price trip but we just wanted home so it cost us an extra $10 or so). Still raining now at midnight.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Monday 5th/Tuesday 6th - travel home days.
We took our time getting packed and checked out, and were done by just before 2pm, off to the airport at MCO. Nice easy Uber drive there, dropped off at the Delta check-in area. Checked in, bags dropped, no problems. Security line was okay too - lots of lines open and we were pretty much moving through it the whole time, probably no more than about 20 minutes. We had an hour or so to kill so we had lunch in the Outback, very good burgers, good value and great service. Boarded and took off on time from MCO into Atlanta, however there was ground fog at ATL so although we got landed on time, we had to taxi a longer route to get to the stand so we were 30 minutes later than scheduled getting off the plane there. We still had 45 minutes to reach the boarding gate of our plane to LHR, which turned out to be plenty of time (we landed at T1 and had to get to E36, first time we have done ATL and it was easy to navigate, we did it in about 20 minutes).
Flight from ATL to LHR was uneventful - typical overnight long haul flight - cold! We were prepared with hoodies and socks, and the blankets on every seat were much appreciated and used . Delta provided sleepmasks and earplugs as well as headphones in economy on our flight, nice touch I thought! The food options on this flight were a bit odd and I didn't eat much at all - dinner (served at around 10pm) main choices included either ginger or pesto, neither of which I like. The box Breakfast was just weird - a very rich muffin, a pot of honey yoghurt, and a slice of cheddar cheese . The entertainment on the Delta and Virgin flights were great, lots of choice and it all worked well - loved both the charging ports and headphone ports being under the screen on the Delta flights, our Virgin bubble seats outbound still had the headphone port in the armrest.

On arrival at LHR, all UK passportholders except those with children aged under 12 were directed to the machines which were all operational as far as I could tell, so again, no standing around, each line was constantly moving and I think we were no more than about 15 minutes there, then another maybe 15 minutes waiting for our cases. Out to the Heathrow Express to Paddington, then we took an uber to St Pancras. Just missed a noon train out of St Pancras to Nottingham, if we'd made that our time from stepping off the plane at LHR to leaving London would have been 2 hours 15 minutes, which I think is pretty impressive! As it was we had to wait another 20 minutes or so to catch our train at St Pancras, and by around 2.30pm we were opening our front door in Nottingham.

Having done this train thing to London to fly, I'd definitely do the Gatwick journey again, that was so easy. Heathrow is, to be honest, a bit more of a faff and its more expensive to get back across London if you don't want to spend over an hour on the tube. Not gonna lie, even though I slept for probably about 4-5 hours on the overnight flight, I was very tired when on the train back to Nottingham, so I definitely wouldn't attempt to drive it.