Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 31 Oct 18, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kay159
Earning More Ears

Has anything changed with Access Passes in the last year and can we have more than 1?

We are a family of 5, myself, my partner, our daughter, her partner and our 2 year old grandson going back to WDW in late November. We went last year and got the access pass for our daughter which worked well
I was wondering if the pass still works only at certain rides or attractions and what exclusions are in place - the example I remember is that several of the character meet and greets which did not have fastpasses would not honour the access pass. One example was Buzz and Woody which had an advertised wait time of 45 mins but didnt allow a return time. My daughter was desperate to take her son to meet them so stood in the queue, ended up feeling really ill and left after 60 minutes having only made it down half of the line. The same thing also happened in the queue to see Santa . I really couldnt understand why a lot of character meet and greets which displayed queue times were excluded from the scheme back then so wondered if anything had changed
Also, since last year her dad has developed similar issues, fainting, unstable blood pressure, pain and fainting on standing too long etc and would also meet the requirements for an access pass. How would it work for us? Would we all be added to each pass or as 2 seperate couples - the reason I ask is that we have our 2 year old grandson with us so whilst my daughter is doing rides with height restrictions at times, it would be nice to do something with our grandson using my partners access pass but there will also be times when my partner feels unable to ride and stays with my grandson and the three of us ride together so would need all three of us on the same access pass on those occasions
Hope this makes sense.
Thanks in Advance
Andrea
kay159 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Hi. So very little has changed since last year. It only really works on rides not at any of the meet and greets. However you can prebook fastpasses for most meet and greets so I would concentrate on using these for this and then use the pass for rides.

I believe if you go in and explain they can add you all to the 2 passes. I however haven't tried this as although I travel with someone in a scooter, they don't require a pass only I do as my condition is hidden.
Old 10 Nov 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetums
VIP Dibber

Went in October, now that the DAS is linked to the fast pass system it works so much better imho. It just gives you an additional (reusable) fast pass you can book and you don’t jump the queue, however, one day in MK the DAS system crashed, we were given a paper ticket for peter pans flight, then went to haunted house, and they explained the system was down, and let us straight on. The system appeared back online after we had finished these two rides. Previously we have been with other families, and we were allowed 7 people on each DAS card (when it was the card), but I think this is down to the cast members discretion.. at the end of the day one child might want to go on with all the others, and the other child might not. But you could set up another ride in that time. On the other pass. Quick tip; Once you have gone through the first fast pass barrier another member of your party can set another DAS whilst you wait to ride. You can also take advantage of parent swap, but this appears to be return times related to the queue time too (on some rides).
2016 Shamu Sanctuary Dibb Villa WDW - 2017 DLP
2018 CBR WDW Halloween 2019 West Coast trip
2019 CBR WDW December
2022 CBR WDW December
Sweetums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Not sure if the meet & greet has changed now ToyStory land has opened but the old one was always a problem for us... DS has ASD so finds queuing really difficult so after several attempts (que too long or meltdown half way round) to meet Woody & Buzz we rocked up at park opening & found everyone was heading for TSM so we were first in the que! ... in fact they were waiting outside so played & walked around the empty que with DS... amazing!