Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Nov 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

3 day Orlando trip - 2 days house-hunting, 1 day SeaWorld (so technically not WDW) but shortest trip to Florida

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

So, quick update. Part 1 of the mission for a secret holiday is now complete as DW now thinks we’re going to Disneyland Paris for her 40th which needed to be done to make her think I can afford somewhere other than centre parcs (she was quite pleased with herself that she managed to ‘persuade’ me to tell her 😊 )

Next decision is Anaheim or Florida.

Pros for Florida are slightly shorter flight, 4 parks to explore and we know the lay of the land.

Pros for Anaheim are a whole new experience, slightly cheaper overall due to cost of park tickets and there’s a Cheesecake Factory within walking distance😊

I might have to set a poll up on here if I knew how to do it 😊

Edited at 10:20 AM.
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Hi, well done on the first part

For me, if the whole being immersed in a theme park experience is important, I'd go to Orlando. The West coast is better imo as a destination, but for themeparks only, I'd stick with Florida. But, you may want to try Disneyland, just for the sheer excitement of something different. It isn't bad, by any stretch, I just wouldn't go there specifically for that.

Originally Posted by riversider2014 View Post
So, quick update. Part 1 of the mission for a secret holiday is now complete as DW now thinks we’re going to Disneyland Paris for her 40th which needed to be done to make her think I can afford somewhere other than centre parcs (she was quite pleased with herself that she managed to ‘persuade’ me to tell her 😊 )

Next decision is Anaheim or Florida.

Pros for Florida are slightly shorter flight, 4 parks to explore and we know the lay of the land.

Pros for Anaheim are a whole new experience, slightly cheaper overall due to cost of park tickets and there’s a Cheesecake Factory within walking distance😊

I might have to set a poll up on here if I knew how to do it 😊
happytraveller is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I did 8 nts this October and was nervous it would feel too short. We stayed on site and just did Disney - it was brilliant and I’d do 7 or 8 again in a flash
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I like Anaheim we go yearly but as part of a 3 week trip

I wouldn’t ever fly to the west coast for 4 nights , longer flight , 8 hr time difference and if your wanting to do universal as well you’d be looking at 90 mins - 2 hrs each way in the car due to traffic

I would only do the east coast for a short trip
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Lots of people go to New York for a.weekend, so why not. As two adults you can hit the ground running and make it a jam packed few days.
I've flown to the West Coast a few times and the jet lag is so much worse I find, takes 2-3 days to adjust. For that reason I wouldn't go for a short trip.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List