Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 8 Dec 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiger 1057
Excited about Disney

Copper Creek

We are currently staying at The Beach Club and intend to do the DVC tour of Copper Creek whilst here. We have never ever visited Wilderness Lodge on any of our previous visits and was wondering if anyone could give me any plus points re the location apart from easy access to Magic Kingdom.
I don’t really want to buy direct and my own preference would be resale at SSR, The Beach Club and The Boardwalk in that order. Disney have previously exercised ROFR on SSR with me but I will probably just keep trying. BC and BWV having short contracts remaining doesn’t seem to add up for me but perhaps I’m missing something.
Tiger 1057 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree with your synopsis. My favourites are Beach Club and Boardwalk but wouldn't buy due to contract length.

They've been ROFRing SSR and AKL a lot recently to drive the price up, but it's still only 25% or so, so just keep going.
Old 8 Dec 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I own at Copper Creek - love the location. Boat to Magic Kingdom is lovely. Bus everywhere else.

We find the resort lovely and peaceful. We go first 3 weeks in July (so hit July 4th) and it didn’t feel overly busy. Two pools to choose from also.

Glad we chose to buy here
Old 9 Dec 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We added on at CCV this year, I've owned at BCV since 2002. Absolutely love the location of CCV yet it still has a remote feeling to it despite it's proximity to MK.

I think we'll be spending lots of time sitting down by the water knowing a trip to MK will only take us minutes.

Good luck deciding

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 18, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiger 1057
Excited about Disney

Thank you all for your input and thoughts. We did the DVC tour yesterday and we were very impressed with the CCV rooms.
Having never been to Wildernesses Lodge before we went there this morning to have a peek. Sadly it was raining that hard we only saw the inside of the lodge and ate at the counter service cafe.
So, despite my aversion to buying direct, we are going to buy 200 (225} points at CCV. The main reason is the length of contract. I will include our daughter on the deeds and hopefully she will get 50 years out of it.
Our guide is off today but we will contact her tomorrow to schedule an appointment for the paperwork prior to our departure.
Many thanks to everyone who have responded to my previous posts over the years on this subject. Just kicking myself at buying at the worst exchange rate in my memory but hey ho better late than never
Tiger 1057 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 18, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tiger 1057 View Post
Thank you all for your input and thoughts. We did the DVC tour yesterday and we were very impressed with the CCV rooms.
Having never been to Wildernesses Lodge before we went there this morning to have a peek. Sadly it was raining that hard we only saw the inside of the lodge and ate at the counter service cafe.
So, despite my aversion to buying direct, we are going to buy 200 (225} points at CCV. The main reason is the length of contract. I will include our daughter on the deeds and hopefully she will get 50 years out of it.
Our guide is off today but we will contact her tomorrow to schedule an appointment for the paperwork prior to our departure.
Many thanks to everyone who have responded to my previous posts over the years on this subject. Just kicking myself at buying at the worst exchange rate in my memory but hey ho better late than never
Is your daughter 18? Married?

Well done.

Just be careful putting children on deeds.
1. They may not want it as they get older; what happens if the dues go up a lot and they can't afford them and it gets difficult to offload ?
2. If married or gets married, her proportion would become a marital asset. You never know what will happen and if she gets divorced, you could be forced to sell or buy out your now ex son in law.
3. You'll need your daughter to agree to sell it- average length of ownership is reportedly 15 years- what happens if you disagree?
4. It's an asset if your daughter becomes financially stressed, for creditors to go after.

Just a suggestion! There's little benefit in my view putting them on any deed at this stage, save for saving some transfer fee in many years to come. If you want them to book themselves you could just give them your password.

Edited at 07:01 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 18, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiger 1057
Excited about Disney

Hi YT
Totally agree with your reasoning above but my circumstances are such that it made sense. In the end though I just couldn’t bring myself to buy direct. If I had I would be fuming now as I was buying 220 points which was sufficient for a 14 night stay but not anymore following the points increase. Talk about shafting your customers.