Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 8 Dec 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Our French and Belgian Adventure August 2018: Day Eleven - Park hopping and Rainforest Cafe

Day Eleven: Wednesday 29th August 2018 – Park hopping and Rainforest Café

Index

Today was the day that we’d planned (or at least I had) to do EMH at Disneyland Parc. It was our only chance to do so. I had set alarm for 7am and whilst I rushed around, Owen wasn’t really getting up. He was still unwell. We decide I’d go with Hayden and he’s stay in the room with Ashley. We had also pre-booked Café Agrabah which we cancelled (gutted as is my favourite restaurant food wise) and I said I’d take Hayden to Rainforest Café instead as we’d missed it yesterday and it would mean more to him.

We finished breakfast at 8.15am although Owen didn’t eat anything. I was in a rush and panic and with all the stress of wanting to get the most of EMH, combined with Owen feeling poorly, I didn’t put the lid on my soya milk properly and Hayden’s spare clothes got wet, as did other belongings I had in the bag. Well, that was it, I started sobbing hysterically in the lobby of the hotel with Owen trying to console me. We cleaned up the mess as best as we could, Owen took the items back upstairs and Hayden and I speed marched it to the parks in the pouring rain, which matched my sour mood! We arrived around 8.45am.

All was not lost, however. Because of the rubbish weather, the park was really quiet and we managed to do all these rides before 10am:
Carousel, Dumbo, Tea cups, Small World and Buzz.

Then I got a text from Owen to say he was in the park at 10.15am and that he felt better. Phew! I apologised for being the stressed out, over emotional person I can be sometimes. He’s used to it! We decided to walk around Alice’s Labyrinth as it was something we’d never done before and every time we passed, it had a massive queue. It was so quiet in there! Clearly the weather was putting people off today and after the crazy-buys day of yesterday, we were relieved.

We did It’s a Small World (again) and whilst in the queue, managed to get the Incredibles Meet and Greet.

We went on the Snow White ride first and did a bit of shopping where we got a glass for my brother’s girlfriend as she had broken one she had gotten from a previous visit, then headed over to the Studios park.

We went on the Backlot Tour which was a 10 minute wait, which was basically waiting for the next tram and for those ahead of us to board. I know it’s lame but I’d never done it before and wanted to cross it off my list. The boys were not impressed by the special effects, however.

After this it was time to meet the Incredibles. Now this was a lot busier than the other meets we had done via the app where we basically just walked up. There was a long queue and lots of people trying to enter the queue who hadn’t used the app. Everyone had a number assigned and the CMs were excellent at checking everyone was in exact number order and had booked. I think we waited around 20 minutes and then met them. Hayden loved it but Ashley was scared of them although both Mr and Mrs Incredible tried to involve him.

After this, we headed out of the park and to the Rainforest Café for lunch. It was around 1ish, I think. We got shown straightaway to a table and it was quite quiet. Here’s what we had:

Me – veggie burger and fruit juice cocktail

Owen – chicken burger and coke

Ashley and Hayden – the same choices of pizza, mint cordial for Hayden (which surprisingly Hayden didn’t really drink ), juice for Ashley
and ice creams.

The total was 80 Euros which was okay and at least, cheaper than Café Agrabah would have been. We also loved looking at all the animals and Hayden and Ashley made me do several circuits while we waited for our food! We finished this at 2pm and we decided to power-walk to the Studios to try and queue up for the Marvel Show. Literally just as we got there, the CMs put a sign up to say it was ‘full’ even though it was still 30 minutes until it started! We decided we were cursed to never see this show! We had a discussion about what to do next. Stitch Live in English wasn’t on for another hour. We’d done all the rides we wanted to do here and didn’t fancy queuing for ages. The Stark Expo was about to start so we stayed to watch this and then decided to go back to the main park.

When we arrived, we decided to catch the train at Main Street and do a loop. Boy were we lucky! As we waited, it started pouring down with rain (there goes the buggy left downstairs).

We did the full loop, looking at empty streets and soggy CMs and by the time it had finished, the rain had stopped, hurrah! We assessed the damage to the buggy, which wasn’t great and it was soaked through. Luckily it dried quickly and decided to walk down Main Street. Most of the rides were closed because of the weather and the park was empty due to the rain. Luck was on our side again as just as we were passing the Donald Duck line, a small line was forming so we decided to join it. We waited only 15 minutes so got to meet him too (it would have been quicker but a lady in front of us had 2 kids and then suddenly about 8 and they needed several photos in different poses ). Ashley absolutely loved him and there was a photopass photographer as well, bonus!

I give up on my children ever actually looking at the camera!

We decided to do some rides before we finished for the day and headed over to Orbiton which I’d never done before. It was showing as a 10 minute wait which them shot up to 30 minutes once we got in the queue! The boys didn’t mind too much though as we amused them with snacks. I can see what everyone meant on the dibb about fear of falling out – oh my god, I clung to Ashley and the outside for dear life! It was also a lot faster than Dumbo, which I wasn’t expecting! After orbiton, we realised we still had our Hotel FP to use up for today so we went on Buzz before leaving the park at 5.30pm.

Dinner was Earl of Sandwich again, the same as yesterday for around 30 Euros and then we grabbed drinks for the GF lounge to have with our meal in the hotel room. The boys played, watched TV and then had a bath before bead.

Total spends: 114 Euros.