Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 12 Dec 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

We bought our little Granddaughter a Christmas Tree

We have a couple of really stressful days had to look after 2 granddaughters at short notice as DD was in rushed to hospital. Both me and DH were tired, a little stressed and looking after a 3 year old and 18 month is hard work so needing milk for them went to local supermarket which we usually never go in Morrison's but 2 surprises one was each child can have a free piece of fruit one per child what a great idea, I think this is great for families who may not have lots of money but also for children to have access to an healthy snack, I never know they have box with a sign on it which states one free piece of fruit per child, so banana eaten in store, next was 3ft Christmas Tree for £1.90 so said the 3 year we will buy you a tree your little sister a little small so you have to do the job of decorating it for price and to gave her project for that £1.90 as given us so much joy including her mum who yes was not there in person.

I never thought we would smile and enjoy the following hour once we got back to our house first she was so excited we had whole box of christmas decoration so got that and took the tree unfolded the branches and let her loose over 100 photos and a video of her face and every decoration place on the tree was either beautiful or fabulous and each was put on pride and joy yes it does look like 3 years do it but only on 3 branches did she put 2 decoration on it and she wanted a photo each time its now pride and place in the corner of our living room little sister or Molly the mad lab does not knock it over.

At 1.00pm we took her to see her mum in the hospital it was nice to show our daughter and her husband the photos and the video her dad said that next year she is going to be allowed to help them with there tree. It made me think as DD said that her husband alway puts the tree up yes I have alway done ours he said that he wanted them to come down in the morning and its there ready but after watching her doing her little project the joy, delight and her little face was so special that he said that they will let her help with the tree next year with her sister. I wish I was a little more tec savvy to show a picture but I useless at that kind of stuff.

I so glad we got her the tree as on Sunday she got another project to make an angel for that little tree, little does she know when rushing at 7.00am on Monday I kissed her little head in the car and I prayed to several angels to watch over, guard, care for her mum my pray was answered DD is going to ok in time.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Oh that’s so lovely, both that your daughter is on the mend and the wonderful evening you had with your granddaughters

It really shows that it’s not all about the money - happiness can be found in the simplest of things

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad your dd is going to be ok.

I have 15months between my two and I well remember when they were 18m and nearly 3. Very hard work. I think it is slightly better now they are older they can do more for themselves
Good on you for managing them short notice.

Glad you had fun putting the tree up. My just turned 4 dd helped me this year I have got most baubles on both bottom of the far left and far right side of the tree. My youngest who will be 3 in a few days was banned to chair as she broke two straight away.

My hubby has ocd so decorations have to be in certain places but the kids helped put the nail in the wall and then hung them from our shoulders.
Was good afternoon. Love decorating for Christmas
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

What a lovely little story
That is probably something that will stick In your GDs head for ever and a fond little memory for her
I hope your DD is feeling better soon
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
Oh that’s so lovely, both that your daughter is on the mend and the wonderful evening you had with your granddaughters

It really shows that it’s not all about the money - happiness can be found in the simplest of things
Thank you I will say both me and DH are exhausted but it the simplest things and I will treasure this memory as she asking if we can put her little tree on floor so she can have even more photos but as so as little sister goes near it has to be moved back out reach.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Glad your dd is going to be ok.

I have 15months between my two and I well remember when they were 18m and nearly 3. Very hard work. I think it is slightly better now they are older they can do more for themselves
Good on you for managing them short notice.

Glad you had fun putting the tree up. My just turned 4 dd helped me this year I have got most baubles on both bottom of the far left and far right side of the tree. My youngest who will be 3 in a few days was banned to chair as she broke two straight away.

My hubby has ocd so decorations have to be in certain places but the kids helped put the nail in the wall and then hung them from our shoulders.
Was good afternoon. Love decorating for Christmas
I will agree with this as DD and DS is 6 year gap so I have never had to deal with 2 littles I will say they both been really good only one little bit of disagreement about who was sitting on my knee and that was the Molly dog's fault all 3 do not fit. I hope your little ones have lovely Christmas.
Old 12 Dec 18, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
What a lovely little story
That is probably something that will stick In your GDs head for ever and a fond little memory for her
I hope your DD is feeling better soon
Thank you the memory will be with me forever made me think about all the money spent and sometimes it cost very little money to make it special. DD is getting there but it will be slow progress for her but she as her family to support her and her little family you think your children maybe adults but you still worry and fear the same as when they were small children themselves.