Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Jan 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
What a good day, even if you began later than planned due to an unreasonably long check in.

The photos with the Seuss characters are so cute.

Well done on the deal for the annual passes, it was worth holding out for the right CM!

The Universal water rides soak you! Poor Caitlin.

I sympathise with the chub rub situation, I suffered a bit after we got drenched on the Ripsaw Falls and then walked round at Universal too. We weren't staying on site so ended up buying new clothes there and going for dinner looking like the gift shop had exploded on us.
I recommend 'Silky Underwear' powder from Lush to help with the chub rub. Not much help if you are soaked head to toe but it was really good on sweaty park days I have my eyes out for longer shorts to take this time too.

What a horrid rude woman in Bubba Gump. Se must have felt bad to give you the voucher and send you the glass. The pudding looks delicious, a shame you were all so full and couldn't finish it.
It was a great day, one of our favourites but I think that was mainly down to the characters in Seuss Land, we can't wait to go back ... think we may need to leave room in the case for one of those hats for Noah

I'm still buzzing about that deal now ... Chris was getting rather impatient with waiting around for me to sort it so I was over the moon when the CM said it was free!

Nothing poor about her ... it was hot she did say the other day that she'll be more prepared for them this time I think we'll definitely pack flip flops and change into them before the ride!

Thanks for the tip, I did take some proper chaffing cream and some talc but it just wasn't helping. This time I'm doing leggings and longer shorts haha! I bet that was hilarious dressed in all the merchandise, proper tourists

I was so angry about that situation, I don't like being caught off guard and I don't like rude people but at least she did apologise and tried to rectify it. It was lovely but definitely shouldn't have bothered Thanks for reading xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A busy day

Joan
Old 7 Jan 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A busy day

Joan
Thanks Joan x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Seemed like another great day with plenty of rides done.

Shame you didn’t get on with forbidden journey. It’s one of my favourites I have to admit.

Glad to see the lady in bubba gumps apologised like she did. Sure we have all been there when we have flipped when having a bad day.

Food looks lovely at bubba gumps. I was so disappointed to not get to eat there.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mad Hatters View Post
Seemed like another great day with plenty of rides done.

Shame you didn’t get on with forbidden journey. It’s one of my favourites I have to admit.

Glad to see the lady in bubba gumps apologised like she did. Sure we have all been there when we have flipped when having a bad day.

Food looks lovely at bubba gumps. I was so disappointed to not get to eat there.
It was, we more or less got everything done that we wanted to so that was good.

I may possibly try it again this year but it took me a good couple of hours to pull myself round after it and that was with taking a dramamine too! I don't think I've ever been that bad from a ride ... maybe it was dehydration too? Thomas loved it and can't wait to go on it again.

It was and I really wasn't expecting it, as you say we all have bad days but most people probably wouldn't have apologised so it was nice she did and we appreciated the gestures of the gifts too.

The food was lovely, even thought we just had burgers. The portion sizes are huge too, I think for being on CityWalk it's very reasonably priced too and even better if you can get a Landry's card. You must try there next time xx
Old 16 Jan 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Aww, what heart warming interaction between Noah and Thing 1

My boys brought the interactive wands 4 years ago. Every year we take them back and every year they work just fine

Good result on the Universal passes! Like you we got the upgrade for free but just goes to show it depends on who you ask!

x.
Old 17 Jan 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Aww, what heart warming interaction between Noah and Thing 1

My boys brought the interactive wands 4 years ago. Every year we take them back and every year they work just fine

Good result on the Universal passes! Like you we got the upgrade for free but just goes to show it depends on who you ask!

x.
It still makes me well up now

That's fab to know thank you, now we just need to remember to take them

Definitely, I wasn't leaving there till I had paid less than $100 for all haha xx
Old 1 Jul 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Wonderful interactions from the Things, especially with Noah, no wonder you were crying.

Great bargain on your upgraded passes, just shows it's worth persevering.

Bubba Gumps looks good. We've always avoided it as we don't eat seafood, so it's god to see they have other options.

Totally sympathise re chub rub, I hope you get something to help soon. It's just the worst thing when you're walking around in pain

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Wonderful interactions from the Things, especially with Noah, no wonder you were crying.

Great bargain on your upgraded passes, just shows it's worth persevering.

Bubba Gumps looks good. We've always avoided it as we don't eat seafood, so it's god to see they have other options.

Totally sympathise re chub rub, I hope you get something to help soon. It's just the worst thing when you're walking around in pain
It was fab ... I won't spoil this years report as I haven't done that day yet, but we weren't disappointed

I was determined to get them for as little as possible although I was happy to pay the $65 so being free it was a complete bargain. I'm dying to squeeze a trip in before they end next February but Mr Grump isn't having any of it

Bubba Gumps is fab, we've been to the one in London several times and love the theme of it. I'm happy to say I've finally watched Bubba Gump now so I may get some of the questions next time I'd definitely give it a try if your in CityWalk and would like a fairly inexpensive meal out.

Chub rub is awful, I knew I'd suffer but definitely didn't expect it to be as bad as it was, it was so sore I wouldn't care but I'd used the chub rub cream in Prague in June and it worked fab ... obviously wasn't for the Florida heat. I've recently heard about liquid talc from ASDA which is supposed to be amazing

This year I took knee length shorts and short leggings to go under dresses xx