Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Dec 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Ah Georgia, you are so brave to do TOT! I just can’t bring myself to do it, it’s the lack of restraint that scars me too. If there was a lap bar like on Splash Mountain I am pretty sure I could do it.

I’ve always wanted to try the pork chop at Sci-Fi, it looks really nice, the apple pie too!

The zip broke on my Primark backpack too.

I can’t believe you’d never ridden Big Thunder Mountain in the dark, it’s incredible!

I am amazed you were out early in the morning and still managed to stay until the end of the Party!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Ah Georgia, you are so brave to do TOT! I just can’t bring myself to do it, it’s the lack of restraint that scars me too. If there was a lap bar like on Splash Mountain I am pretty sure I could do it.

I’ve always wanted to try the pork chop at Sci-Fi, it looks really nice, the apple pie too!

The zip broke on my Primark backpack too.

I can’t believe you’d never ridden Big Thunder Mountain in the dark, it’s incredible!

I am amazed you were out early in the morning and still managed to stay until the end of the Party!
The pork chop at 50's prime time was really good, we always compare our meals to see who made the best choice, and although my meatloaf was very good Georgia's meal was the winner this time The apple crisp was really different from many desserts and delicious too.

Big Thunder was a revelation in the dark, it was our first time, but we made sure we rode it again later in the holiday in the evening

I don't know how we managed such a long, busy day either. It was great fun but I keep telling Georgia I'm too old for all these long days

I was annoyed at the Primark bag, I know they aren't expensive, but it barely lasted 3 days and we only had sunglasses, tissues, suncream and phones in it.

Edited at 08:44 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Great day. Looks like you really enjoyed the party. Love the costumes but don't recall seeing you as we were there on the same night. Mind you, we would have been tucked up in bed long before you left
I thought you were there the same night as us. I told Georgia to look out for Milpston and his family, she gave me her usual rolling eyes look

It was a great night, but so tiring. I can imagine it must have been exhausting for your smaller children.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
An early wake up from your son/brother! Boys are so annoying, although it sounds like he was trying to be kind and wish Georgia a happy birthday.

The kids argue over who has to sit next to me on the thrill rides because I always deafen them too! Ha ha, tot ride photo looks amazing.

I'm glad you weren't told off at 50s Prime Time. It sounds like another great meal for you both, you've had some lovely meals and you're only on day 4!

Your outfits are amazing! I would have been a bit nervous too if no one else was dressed up on the bus. All the photopass photos look fab though, what a great night.

Do you know what I didn't even realise Gastons served anything other than pastries, we're always heading there for the cinnamon loaf! From what you said though there are better options elsewhere.

I wish we still had the MSEP I used to love it, i think it's a real shame there isn't a night time parade anymore in MK. The MNSSHP parade sounds great and so do all the shows.

What a fun day, you must have been shattered by the end of it. I hope that day 5 brings a lie in and a rest day...ok I'll accept a half a rest day!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
An early wake up from your son/brother! Boys are so annoying, although it sounds like he was trying to be kind and wish Georgia a happy birthday.

The kids argue over who has to sit next to me on the thrill rides because I always deafen them too! Ha ha, tot ride photo looks amazing.

I'm glad you weren't told off at 50s Prime Time. It sounds like another great meal for you both, you've had some lovely meals and you're only on day 4!

Your outfits are amazing! I would have been a bit nervous too if no one else was dressed up on the bus. All the photopass photos look fab though, what a great night.

Do you know what I didn't even realise Gastons served anything other than pastries, we're always heading there for the cinnamon loaf! From what you said though there are better options elsewhere.

I wish we still had the MSEP I used to love it, i think it's a real shame there isn't a night time parade anymore in MK. The MNSSHP parade sounds great and so do all the shows.

What a fun day, you must have been shattered by the end of it. I hope that day 5 brings a lie in and a rest day...ok I'll accept a half a rest day!
The son who rang lives in Vietnam so we never really know what time he will ring, it’s always nice to hear from him though.

The ToT photo captures the moment perfectly 😂

We did enjoy the food on the dining plan, and ate so much 😀

The rolls at Gaston’s were ok, but nothing special. We do love Gaston’s Tavern though, and regret not getting a cinnamon bun this time.

We miss the Electrical parade too. The Boo to You one was lovely though, with so many characters not often seen at the parks. We would definitely go to MNSSHP again.

We really needed a rest after this day though, although it was brilliant, it was an exhausting day
Old 1 Jan 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Poor Georgia but at least you did it!

The food at 50's Prime Time looks really nice, so glad you enjoyed it. Well done Frank on the birthday cake too it looks lovely!

The costumes look fab.

I had exactly the same bag and mine did the same! I used it travel day and day 1 and by day 2 half of the teeth were missing and I was struggling to close it! I was fuming. I ended up just throwing it in the bin.

Such a shame about the costume, I'm the same though, once you know it's there it bugs you doesn't.

You really should watch Hocus Pocus, I love it, I didn't know till about 10 years ago that it was actually a Disney film!

Sounds like MNSSHP was fab xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Poor Georgia but at least you did it!

The food at 50's Prime Time looks really nice, so glad you enjoyed it. Well done Frank on the birthday cake too it looks lovely!

The costumes look fab.

I had exactly the same bag and mine did the same! I used it travel day and day 1 and by day 2 half of the teeth were missing and I was struggling to close it! I was fuming. I ended up just throwing it in the bin.

Such a shame about the costume, I'm the same though, once you know it's there it bugs you doesn't.

You really should watch Hocus Pocus, I love it, I didn't know till about 10 years ago that it was actually a Disney film!

Sounds like MNSSHP was fab xx
Frank really was a great server, well worth the 20% tip given.

I remember you saying you had the same bag. That’s what happened to ours, the teeth just fell off. I know it was only Primark but I expected it to last the trip, I was fuming too.

It was just a small tear in the seam of my dress but I was stressing that it could break more, and I felt I was walking and standing awkwardly all evening to prevent any further damage.

We must try to watch Hocus Pocus, should have done so over the Xmas break really. I don’t think it’s very well known in the UK really. MNSSHP was a great success for us, despite the few hiccups like my bag and dress, we had a wonderful time.
Old 2 Feb 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

I had to laugh at your TOT pic! Poor Georgia being scared, one time my DD refused to go on and had to go back down in a regular lift.

It sounds like you had a fun experience at Prime Time, and the food looks nice too.

Love your outfits for MNSSHP. It's a shame the zip broke on your bag though. Are all of the rides open at MNSSHP because they weren't at the Christmas one? It sounds like a great evening, definitely one for us to think about for future.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
I had to laugh at your TOT pic! Poor Georgia being scared, one time my DD refused to go on and had to go back down in a regular lift.

It sounds like you had a fun experience at Prime Time, and the food looks nice too.

Love your outfits for MNSSHP. It's a shame the zip broke on your bag though. Are all of the rides open at MNSSHP because they weren't at the Christmas one? It sounds like a great evening, definitely one for us to think about for future.
My poor ears were ringing, she screamed so much, she was petrified, don’t think she will ever go on that again. We are considering Disney Land Paris in 2020 and I am trying to persuade her that ToT there isn’t as scary 😂

The food at Prime Time was really good and huge portions but the server here was the best part of the experience, he seemed to know how much fun we wanted and also made a big fuss of Georgia’s birthday

The only thing I noticed closed at MNSSHP was Philarmagic, as it was being used as a treat station. Georgia just said Mike’s Laugh Show was closed too, so mainly the shows it seems.

Edited at 07:02 PM.