Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 3 Jun 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018 Day six - Rides and Travel

It was going to be a long day so I had a sleep in and got to breakfast late - around 9.00 and the Q was massive. The CM just gave me a seat at the bar and I had a quick breakfast and took a few pastries for snacks.

After finishing packing I dropped my bags off at the hotel luggage counter and went for the bus - it was rammed like sardines

Today there was a different atmosphere outside the park as there were military police with machine guns and dogs patrolling - not very magical.

Once I had got though security I headed for the Studios park as I had a hit list of my favorites to ride today.

I headed for TOT which had a short Q on and it was as fun as ever.
As nothing else appealed I left the park and went over to Disneyland Park. BTM was my first ride so I got a FP and the rode the normal Q line and then rode the FP straight after - I love this ride it is so fun.
The Q by this time was 55min so I stopped riding.

The riverboat had just come in so I waited and boarded. It is nice relaxing sail around BTM and I waved at people on the coaster and some waved back. I looked at the ducks and the Phantom manor construction.

Here are some posters regarding the Phantom manor ride

It was now 12.00 and I was on a tight schedule so I went over to yes you guessed it Star Tours.

I rode it 4 times with a combination of waiting in the 15 min Q and using FP. I was so happy When I was picked as the Rebel Spy for the first time every

The rebel spy was row 5 seat 3 - seems to be random as I had sat in this seat before and not been picked. The shows all had wookies in so that was a change from earlier in the week.

To my surprise as I came out of Star Tours I came across the following:

There was also a Lion King one but I didn't get a picture.
It was a Scramble as no CM's were managing the lines.

By this time it was around 2.00 so I said goodbye to the park and headed for lunch at the Earl of Sandwich.

My Sandwich

I sat and people watched for a while before heading back to the hotel to collect my bags.

At the Bag Counter they took ages to find my bags and they thought they had lost them and I was glad when they brought them to me.

A last look round the hotel shop found me looking to spend to last of my euros - and found a Tigger who is so cute.

Tigger in my travel bag

I had a short wait for my bus and arrived at the train station where I bought a few drinks and snacks for the train.
I arrived at the EuroStar Check in around 1hr 20 before my train to chaos the line for check in went all the way around the station and back again it was so long I thought I would miss the train.

In the line I had a ticket disaster

I ripped it in half by mistake

Luckily they accepted my torn ticket and got through security no problems and got to the train 30 minutes before my train.

I got confused as the train was late so for example my original train was the 16.48 to London, but this train was the 17.09 to London. So I thought it was not my train. No mention of it being the earlier train rescheduled

I found my seat and oh joys I had crying babies on 3 side of me for most of the journey and I had hoped for a quiet train. Once we got to Ebbsfleet the trian was a lot quieter but there was an announcement that we would be stock for at least 10 minutes ad nthe traffic signals were stuck - this was on top of the late departure.

Everyone in my carriage was getting twitchy as we all had train connections to catch. The Eurostar should have arrived at 18.45 and my train home was 20.00 so I had thought this would have been plenty of time - NO not now.

The train arrived 45 minutes late and the Immigration hall was packed.

I made it to Kings Cross 15 minutes before the train was due to leave.

This train also left late and I arrived back up North 25 minutes late and I was glad to be home.

The annoying thing is both trains were late but not late enough for compensation as Virgin pay after 30 minutes and we were 25 mins late and Eurostar pay our after 1 hour and we were 45 mins late - typical.

Overall it was a good trip and I think I will stick to Solo trips in Florida from now on. Also I am trying to convince my DH to go back to DLP as the park is much improved since he last went. Some of the rides were better than the Florida versions and that is why I would go back.

Next additional ducks ducks (but not Daffy).
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Love those Phantom Manor posters.

Bummer about the train delays.

Great trippie, thanks for sharing.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jandlsmum
Imagineer

Great trip report thanks for sharing x
Cheyenne DLP November 16 and Feb 17 Aug 18
Santa Fe DLP January 19,November 19
jandlsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

I like the Phantom Manor posters, the theming looks very good at Disneyland paris.

I think you deserved to be picked as the Rebel Spy after all of your rides on Star Tours

Such a shame about all of your train delays, it is s stressful when you think that you might miss connections and just want to get home.

Thank you so much for reporting on your solo adventure to DLP.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Thank you for trip report
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

My next report will be about Christmas in WDW on a solo trip - so keep an eye out for that in December
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List