Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 21 Sep 18, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BoltofLight
Trying for More Ears

Help holiday dilemna, Disney Cruise or the Food and Wine Festival?

I am planning our third annual visit to Disney and am struggling to make a decision on what to do for next year. Our first two visits were at the start of the summer holiday in SSR but this year, the kids got a little bored of Disney towards the end.

So to change things up, I'm thinking either book Yacht Club for the last two weeks in August, so we'd get to go to one Halloween party, and catch 2 / 3 days maximum of the Food and Wine festival which would be amazing with the DDP (given we have tons of snack credits left usually).

But for approx £500 more, I could do 10 days at Port Orleans with DDP and catch a 4 day Bahamian cruise on the Disney Dream (again another amazing option! ). We'd still get to do a Halloween party but we would miss out on the Food and Wine Festival. We caught the boat upto Port Orleans from Disney Springs to eat at the food court one time and the resort looked lovely.

What would you do, my kids aren't big fans of the big rides FoP/Everest and loved Wilderness Explorers/Splash Mountain/Mine Train more?

Is the Food and Wine festival worth not missing with DDP snack credits if possible or should I book the 4 day Bahamian cruise & POR?
BoltofLight is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_chick13
Very Serious Dibber

disney_chick13's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oooh that’s a tough one as we LOVE the food and wine festival but I think in this case I would go with the cruise! Are you sure you’d miss the festival? As it starts at the beginning of September and runs through to mid November
disney_chick13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
No advice from me as we had the same dilemma so are doing a 4 night cruise and the yacht club next week 😊
Old 21 Sep 18, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
BoltofLight
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by disney_chick13 View Post
Oooh that’s a tough one as we LOVE the food and wine festival but I think in this case I would go with the cruise! Are you sure you’d miss the festival? As it starts at the beginning of September and runs through to mid November
Taking from this year, if it were to start on the last Thursday in August (provisionally looking at 29/08/2019), we would need to fly back on the Saturday (31/08/2019) at the latest for School Dates but because we would have come off the cruise on Friday 30/08/2019 we would have no Disney Snack Credits to use (as our Disney stay with DDP would have finished on the Monday 26/08/2019 before getting onto the cruise).

So whilst we could technically get two days at Epcot Food and Wine (probably using DVC for a single nights stay), DH wouldn't feel as free to try the snacks without the Dining Plan snack credits to use up, which I think would ruin it for him a bit.

Does that make sense?

Originally Posted by Bob_and_Dawn View Post
No advice from me as we had the same dilemma so are doing a 4 night cruise and the yacht club next week 😊
Lol, good to see I'm not alone! Are you doing the Cruise first or last?

I'm stuck with school holiday dates so can't move the holiday further into September. :/
BoltofLight is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I'd love to do a Disney cruise and really regret not doing one with our children, who are now too old to enjoy the kid/teen facilities Whenever I've read trip reports, they've always looked so good with lots to do, and they look so good for kids. If they get bored of being at Disney, then I can't really see walking around the World Showcase trying different foods is really going to be that exciting for them. Yes, you'll miss it, but you'll swap it for the great food options on the cruise. 100% cruise over a few days of food and wine for me!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 06:20 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We are doing the cruise first even though most people prefer doing it last.

We just want to spend those 4 days relaxing and adjusting to the time zone, then we will hit the parks.

Dawn
Old 25 Sep 18, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post

I think as they got bored previously, I would mix it up with a cruise. Food festival doesn’t sound like much fun for children. Not sure I would make a point of being there for it and we travel as a coupl, although would take a look if I happened to be there.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Lee-Anne
Getting Excited

Cruise 100%
Lee-Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
BoltofLight
Trying for More Ears

Thanks all for your help.

I have put down a deposit on the Cruise and can't wait!