Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 31 Oct 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
patpluto
VIP Dibber

Mobile Paying first American title

Hi all,
I’m having a bit of a nightmare paying f.a.t i had asked my bank to give me a bankers draft but they say they can’t do it, then I had sent it via transferwise but the payment was sent via ach which they won’t accept it and have returned it although I’m waiting for the payment to come back to me.
How have you managed to pay f.a.t successfully?

Patricia
patpluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Getting Excited

On the advice of other members here I used Travelex wire. rate wasn't as good as transferwise, but reached the Escrow account in 24 hours. Easy and stress free.
yozza1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
patpluto
VIP Dibber

thanks for the advice re travelex i wish my transfer was so easy with them,i've been trying for the last 4 hours to get them to process it but there blaming the bank and the bank are blaming them

i'm starting to wonder why i purchased dvc the stress to get this money sent over has been incredible
patpluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by yozza1977 View Post
On the advice of other members here I used Travelex wire. rate wasn't as good as transferwise, but reached the Escrow account in 24 hours. Easy and stress free.
I used Travelex. I found their helpdesk brilliant.

A paltry amount to them but big bucks to me.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

HI FX is another one lots use.
Old 3 Nov 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I used travelex wire - you need the domestic transfer details from atd and pay for swift transfer. Getting the money to travelex wire was another hurdle - had to transfer from a UK bank - they wouldn't accept from Revolut.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

HiFx said they can do it when I enquired (contract taken ROFR), as they say all their transfers were wire. Decent rates and I've dealt with them before when they were also very good.
Old 6 Nov 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
patpluto
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Quick update, I ended up using hifx the exchange rate was slightly lower but I didn’t want to hold the process up any longer and I was glad to get it done.
As for travelex I could never personally recommend them, they deliberately cut my phone call off, put me on hold until I cut the call off and I’m still waiting for a reply from an email they told me to send with a screenshot so they could see the problem as to why the money wouldn’t go through.

I wish first American would accept ach as the customer service I received from transferwise was wonderful.