Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Oct 18, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile Death Valley day trip from Vegas

Going to Vegas for a week in Feb. We have one night in the Grand Canyon National Park and now thinking about visiting Death Valley for the day. Is this doable? If so what would be the best route? We have a car for the whole week

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Going to Vegas for a week in Feb. We have one night in the Grand Canyon National Park and now thinking about visiting Death Valley for the day. Is this doable? If so what would be the best route? We have a car for the whole week
I can’t remember as we have gone through DV enroute to SFO or Yosemite but in my opinion Valley of Fire is much better and nearer and I can’t remember the timing to Bryce Canyon or Zion again excellent.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Grump$
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
We took the US-95N then the CA-190W but we didn't do it as a day trip we stayed in Pahrump for 2 nights. In February there will be about 10 hours of daylight, it will take 5 hours to drive there and back so realistically you're going to have 6 or 7 hours max in the park if you set off early and leave late.

Death Valley NP is huge it actually has the highest and lowest points in mainland USA in the same park, you can see a lot in 6 or 7 hours but you will only scratch the surface and it will be a really long day.
Grump$ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

you can do a day trip to see the highlights of Death Valley. We left early, Breakfast at Moms diner in Pahrump, onto Death Valley Junction, took the 190, then up to Dantes View, down to Zabriskie point, Devils golf course, Furnace Creek, on to Rhyolite via the Daylight Pass Road, then back via the 95.

Quite a long day, but fantastic.

I recommend going in Febuary, August was a touch hot :-) We saw 51 deg C ...

Days will be shorter in Feb, but should still be able to do most in a day.

Enjoy.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you all, certainly gives me food for thought. It’s a place I’ve always wanted to visit so will hopefully squeeze in a day trip

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

We did a day trip there and back from Vegas when we were there. I think we were in March and my husband was throwing snow balls at me at the top and we were in t-shirts and shorts at the bottom.
My best memory of it was we'd gone to Outback the night before and I was chewing on a cold yummy leftover steak on the drive there
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

It is certainly possible to do some of the main features in a day, you won't get to see it all though. However it will still be a very good day.

I saw the Valley of Fire mentioned, that can be done in half a day from Vegas, but is not a patch on Death Valley itself. Its like comparing the West rim to the South rim in the Grand Canyon.

One of our highlights unfortunately is right on the other side of death valley. The near deserted town of Darwin was fantastic if you are into photography.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
We'v e only ever done overnight trips from Vegas - tbere are some distances involved.
Stayed once in Beatty and once in Stovepipe Wells
Guess you need to narrow down what you want to see to decide.
We loved Rhyolite and badwater basin

Edited at 06:49 PM.
Orlandobelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Looking at the times of my photos, the first one was taken at 9am, the last 4:45.
We did quite a few stops around the centre.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’re doing a day trip with viator in April. 12hour day so we’ll just get the highlights done. Can’t wait!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List