Old 12 Jan 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
rich2820
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 28
Return of the Fab Five - August 2017 - Index

Return of the Fab Five – August 2017 - Index

This is our trip report from our holiday in Orlando in August 2017. Check out my pre-trippie for all of the necessary background info, including introductions if you want to know who you're reading about. For those who like to jump right in, all you need to know is that we are a family of 5 Disney fans who went to Florida for the third time in 2017, and this is my second attempt at a trip report. If you want to read my 2014 report, complete with cuter kids (we now have 2 horrible teenagers) and fewer wrinkles, why not click here.

Once again we stayed at Disney's Beach Club for 14 nights with the 'free' Disney Dining Plan. As I did last time, each day has its own increasingly tenuously linked Disney song title which somehow ties in with the theme of that particular day. And I've tried to summarize the best bits of each day by telling you the top five things that we did - a Fab Five if you like. I'll keep adding them as I have time to write them - so this could take some time...

Contents:

Pre-trip Report

Day 1: We know the way (Travel Day)

Day 2: Try Everything (MK & Epcot)

Day 3: In a world of my own (Animal Kingdom)

Day 4: Just Around the Riverbend (Typhoon Lagoon and Magic Kingdom)

Day 5: When I See An Elephant Fly (Kennedy Space Centre)

Day 6: Yodel-Adle-Eedle-Idle-Oo (Epcot, Hoop-Dee-Doo & Happily Ever After)

Day 7: Go the Distance (Islands of Adventure, Teppan Edo, IllumiNations)

Day 8: I See the Light (Cape May breakfast, Animal Kingdom)

Day 9: Scales and Arpeggios (Hollywood Studios)

Day 10: Colors of the Wind (Universal Studios)

Day 11: Remember Me (Universal Studios/ Islands of Adventure/ Epcot)

Day 12: How Far I’ll Go (Epcot/ Disney Springs/ Cirque du Soleil)

Day 13: Once Upon A Dream (Magic Kingdom)

Days 14/ 15: Frozen Heart (Blizzard Beach)/ I’ve Got No Strings (Going home)

Edited at 11:42 PM.
rich2820 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
rich2820
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
I've finally got round to posting day 3. At this rate I might have finished by Christmas... 2021...
rich2820 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Reading along.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Starmum22
Imagineer

Please finish! (no pressure)

I have so enjoyed reading your trippie so far and your photos are fantastic! I was particularly drawn to read yours as you travelled with teenagers who had been before but not for a while! We've also been twice before and returning next year with 14 and 15 yo boys who were 8 and 9 the first time they went - I'm thinking I might just be meeting the characters myself!

Looking forward to reading the rest!
Old 2 Jun 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
rich2820
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Starmum22 View Post
Please finish! (no pressure)

I have so enjoyed reading your trippie so far and your photos are fantastic! I was particularly drawn to read yours as you travelled with teenagers who had been before but not for a while! We've also been twice before and returning next year with 14 and 15 yo boys who were 8 and 9 the first time they went - I'm thinking I might just be meeting the characters myself!

Looking forward to reading the rest!

Thanks! I'm going as fast as I can! And as time goes by, with my minimal notes and failing memory, it's not getting any easier.

Character meets were a bit different this time, but for the most part they did all go along with it. DS (aged 13 at the time) needed a bit of encouragement sometimes, and I'm sure he was just humouring us a lot of the time!
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
rich2820
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Days 10 and 11 are now published. One year on and the end is (almost) in sight...

Edited at 09:57 PM.
Old 21 Aug 18, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Red Nats
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Thank you I’ve really enjoyed your report. We are also a family of 5 returning for the second time with teenager children. Also like to try new things so going back is big enough for us. I liked the format of your report told me what I need to know concisely. Thank you
Red Nats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
rich2820
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Red Nats View Post
Thank you I’ve really enjoyed your report. We are also a family of 5 returning for the second time with teenager children. Also like to try new things so going back is big enough for us. I liked the format of your report told me what I need to know concisely. Thank you
Thank you very much. That's very kind. I've just posted Day 12. Almost finished now!
Old 15 Nov 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
rich2820
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
The final days have now (finally!) been added. I'll be adding one more 'Highs, Lows and Future Plans' post in the not-too-distant future...