Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Sep 18, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lisa12000___ View Post
Yep we are heading onto explorer next year is there many differences between sister ships?
I don't think there are too many differences, though I haven't really looked
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

We've been on two Royal Caribbean cruises, on the Novigator in the med and the Oasis of the Seas in the Caribbean in January, after a week in Universal. Loved them both, great food, entertainment, things to do and ports.
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Glad you enjoyed it!

We've sailed RCI once before, this Easter gone on Mariner (Singapore to Dubai) and have booked another RCI cruise for next year, October on Quantum (Beijing to Singapore)

Really looking forward to it, though it's a long way off yet!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Glad you enjoyed it!

We've sailed RCI once before, this Easter gone on Mariner (Singapore to Dubai) and have booked another RCI cruise for next year, October on Quantum (Beijing to Singapore)

Really looking forward to it, though it's a long way off yet!
We are on the Beijing to Singapore cruise too! Are you doing the Walls and Warriors land tour too?

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have booked our first cruise for next year on The Navigator of the Seas - we are doing a 4 night Bahamas cruise.

Any must do recommendations?
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We've just comeback from our first RCI cruise - a 13 night crossing from Barcelona to Miami on Vision of the Seas.

The experience was really good and I would book RCI again without hesitation and although Vision was looking tired and clearly was ready for the dry dock it went into for 2 weeks upon our arrival in Miami on Wednesday, it didn't impact upon our enjoyment.

I was a little worried as we love DCL but it was a close 2nd to DCL and way nicer than Carnival. There is just something about DCL and it is reflected in the price!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cyclospora View Post
We are on the Beijing to Singapore cruise too! Are you doing the Walls and Warriors land tour too?
Same cruise?!
Amazing itineraray isn't it? Can't wait to see Hong Kong, oh and Japan. In fact it's all good isn't it!

We are definitely going to see the Great Wall, and possibly the warriors too, but we haven't booked via one of the travel agents offering this tour, we've booked direct with RCI so we'll arrange our own tour

Are you booked with a TA?
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Just returning home from my weeks cruise on navigator of the seas - just have to say the service and all round efficiency were absolutely fantastic and I had a blast! I was a reluctant cruiser 3 years ago and now I absolutely love the convenience! The ports were amazing, and the weather on the whole was fantastic!
So glad you had such a great time. We are now confirmed cruisers. We are on the explorer in May and have just booked a week on Harmony for my OH significant birthday year.

Originally Posted by whlparkstone View Post
Hi
I am so pleased you shared your great experience with us. We have booked our first RC cruise for next July. We have cruised many many years ago, but this will be the first cruise our ds 10 will have been on.

We are doing 2 weeks on Independence of the Seas and we can't wait
We did Indy the last two summers and loved them both we did the French and Italian ports in 2017 and did French Spanish beaches this year I preferred the French Spanish beaches more but both were enjoyable. Which cruise have you booked?

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Any one booking I would really recommend the speciality dining package. The food in the speciality restaurants was fantastic, especially Wonderland, beautiful and imaginative like I have never tasted anywhere else.

If you could keep track on your planner you can pick up a dining package when they have the offers on.
Thanks for this recommendation I'm definitely going to try wonderland next year.

Yep we are heading onto explorer next year is there many differences between sister ships?
We are also going on Explorer next May for a week. After booking I've had some trepidation that we shall spend a week in the Bay of Biscay in May

I'm hoping that it won't be too choppy

Old 5 Nov 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Same cruise?!
Amazing itineraray isn't it? Can't wait to see Hong Kong, oh and Japan. In fact it's all good isn't it!

We are definitely going to see the Great Wall, and possibly the warriors too, but we haven't booked via one of the travel agents offering this tour, we've booked direct with RCI so we'll arrange our own tour

Are you booked with a TA?
Yes we are with Cruise 1st and going on their land tour beforehand. We've added another 2 nights on in Singapore too. Really excited about this trip!

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
molly48
Excited about Disney

Where going on Explorer in June will be our first cruise 😀

1995 /1998 Disney All star music 1997 Quality inn plaza 2000 Caribbean beach 2004 Calabay parc
2005 southern dunes 2007/2008 Indian creek villa
2015 Avanti hotel / 2018 dibb villa Solterra. Port Orleans french quarter 2020
molly48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List