Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 27 Nov 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
The Carnival sticky posted by Bats is the one I wrote along with some help from another poster. I use cruisefish.net to track cruise prices. There is a fee, but it’s not much for what you can save. On one CCL cruise the Vista in the Med, I cancelled my US booking and booked with cruise nation as it was £600 cheaper moving from an inside to a balcony. On another Med cruise with CCL I had a drop of £800. On the Caribbean it was a couple of hundred. Keep checking the prices you never know, good luck.

Both cruises were different. The entertainment in terms of show and comedy club I felt was better on CCL. The food in dining room better on CCL. Cabins both balconies, the same, although slightly larger balcony on RCL. Buffet fabulous on RCL, we ate there instead of a bad lunch and dinner in the dining room. The cruise directors were on a par. Our RCL ship was an older ship compared to the Breeze Sunshine and Vista. I really liked the promenade on RCL and the cafe shop. Burger place was poor on RCL not a patch on Guys. Would happily sail on either again.
Thank you very much for your detailed post. I have paid the balance on both cruises... is it worth me joining cruisfish just yet? I see you need to buy credits. How many would I buy? We are doing a back to back cruise going on 16/12/18. Then same ship on 23/12. Would need to check both cruises. I know I would have to take any difference in on board credit. Maybe its a bit late to join for these cruises? That’s great to hear from someone who can compare both cruise lines. I will check out RCL for our cruise next year as I may get a better deal. I have no complaints at all with Carnival though . Thanks for your help.

Edited at 08:24 PM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 18, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

We done the Imagination a few years ago to Key West and Cozumel...it was good fun.
All being well 2020 for DHs 70th we have booked Carnival again to go to Cuba and Nassau...they get you to places you want to go to ...cheap and fun...it's not Disney ..bet then it's not Disney prices😢

Edited at 12:18 PM.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
eeyore2009
Imagineer

eeyore2009's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9
We’ve done 2 carnival cruises and are hop have to do our 3rd next August. We love them and we have 2 kids that love it too.
We get the drinks package as we find it worthwhile. We usually have a few bud lights during the day. I like that we don’t have to keep a track on how much we’ve spent (especially if drinking cocktails ). We get the package for the kids too as it’s definitely worth it. Kids have a few swings of a drink and get in the pool only to come back to a warm drink so definitely worth it and they feel very grown up getting their own
Food, entertainment, cabins etc I’ve found great. Lots of entertainment. Our fav was the carnival valor as we found the staff better on that ship and we did carnival magic last year which has the best cruise director (in my opinion) dr E.

We booked with cruise nation both times as found them the cheapest. The first cruise around Mexico was begining of November and we paid £270 each... bargain

Have a fab holiday
Old 30 Nov 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
eeyore2009
Imagineer

eeyore2009's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9
Just out of interest, which ships has everyone been on and which was your favourite?

We’re still looking for next year and would preferably like to be on one of the ships that has the water works area and dive in movies
Old 30 Nov 18, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Thank you very much for your detailed post. I have paid the balance on both cruises... is it worth me joining cruisfish just yet? I see you need to buy credits. How many would I buy? We are doing a back to back cruise going on 16/12/18. Then same ship on 23/12. Would need to check both cruises. I know I would have to take any difference in on board credit. Maybe its a bit late to join for these cruises? That’s great to hear from someone who can compare both cruise lines. I will check out RCL for our cruise next year as I may get a better deal. I have no complaints at all with Carnival though . Thanks for your help.
I think I bought 20 it was around $11.00 I track the cruise as soon as I book, it was worth it me. It’s not a lot of money.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Originally Posted by eeyore2009 View Post
Just out of interest, which ships has everyone been on and which was your favourite?

We’re still looking for next year and would preferably like to be on one of the ships that has the water works area and dive in movies
Carnival Vista, Breeze, Sunshine. Liked the Breeze the best.

Also been on NCL Spirit, DCL Magic and RCL Adventure of the Seas.

Next stop Tui really cheap, but we’ll see how it compares not expecting much, but it’s a chance to get away.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
I think I bought 20 it was around $11.00 I track the cruise as soon as I book, it was worth it me. It’s not a lot of money.
Thanks. No not a lot at all. Dont know if its worth tracking our next cruise as its only 2 weeks away and both have gone up on Carnival website? Will definitely use for our future cruises though.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by eeyore2009 View Post

Cant honestly say we have a favourite. I have liked them all. I think for us the ports are a deal breaker which is why we have chosen fascination for December. Out of 7 days we have 6 good port days which we like. The staff have all been wonderful but our Splendor cruise one of the wait staff was amazing and that made the cruise a little bit extra special
We have been on, Inspiration, Imagination, Sensation, Splendor, Conquest, some of them twice. We are going on Fascination. If you check on Carnival website they will tell you which has water works and dive in. We tend to pick the ports visited, then choose whichever ship goes there, and dont use either water works or dive in
... sorry.