Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Dec 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

What would you do

So I had our plan completely refined and on double checking this morning there's now a special MK ticketed event on our first morning at MK.

I had a BOG 8am reservation that morning, but I can see the event runs 7.45-10 so is there any point going now for what I thought would give us a bit of quiet time after BOG to ride SDMT etc. before park opening?

We are going on our 2nd morning too (as it's the first day for family we are meeting there) so I'm not too concerned as we have another 8am booking later in the week too but I'm just a bit as we will be up early so want to make the most of it - Epcot is our least favourite too (EMH that morning)and Seaworld seems a waste (opens at 9am) when we are up early ready to go usually at about 6/7am.

Am assuming there will be an extra few hundred people at the event or am I wrong?

Would you still go regardless?
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Apprentice Imagineer

I'd still go. Though you cannot ride SDMT before park opening (only the Early morning event payers can - and even if this wasn't on, you couldn't ride before park opening time.)
You can finish brekkie by 845 and be in line for 7DMT for the usual opening at 9. It will still be reasonably quiet and you will get on quite quickly. Perhaps even twice.
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We had early breakfast at BOG then waited in line for the mine train. There were people who had early entry walking around finishing their rides.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by justmagical View Post
Am assuming there will be an extra few hundred people at the event or am I wrong?

Would you still go regardless?
Yes, I'd still go (although I've never booked an 8am breakfast).

The event may attract a couple of thousand people - that's the guesstimate with regards how many tickets are available for these events. But even so the park will be quiet and the queues will be short at 9am. On an average day there are around 55,000 people in MK - so 2,000 people will seem very quiet in comparison.

Remember that even on a normal day there will be over a thousand people attending early breakfasts at the MK restaurants and leaving just before 9am to get to the rides like yourself. BOG itself can take 500 guests at a time, Crystal Palace probably has a similar capacity with CRT having slightly less.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Hel22
Trainee Dibber

Hi Justmagical, was just wondering what date you were looking at for the MK ticketed event? Your countdown looks similar to ours.
Hel22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

BOG breakfast is rubbish and its only worth doing IMO if it gets you on Mine Train.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Hel22 View Post
Hi Justmagical, was just wondering what date you were looking at for the MK ticketed event? Your countdown looks similar to ours.
It’s for Thurs 4th April - our first full day
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Hmm mixed views then - thanks all
There isn’t really anywhere else to go that early when I know we will be up
At AKL so could book Boma instead and go to another park but I’ll be sat all through breakfast itching to go to MK and the boys will know it!

Think we will just go anyway but not do BOG 🤔
Old 6 Dec 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
BOG breakfast is rubbish and its only worth doing IMO if it gets you on Mine Train.
I thoroughly enjoyed mine and I didn't even have an early one to get on SDMT as I had 2 fast passes for that on different days.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
I disagree, we really enjoyed it.

OP I would still do it. We booked BoG for 8 am on an Early Morning Magic day and didn’t bother with 7DMT as we had a FP for later. We did loads of rides walk on including Peter Pan so there was still an advantage.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List