Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by orlando10 View Post
Hi
My niece adores them but my daughter doesn't really have a interest in them, but she got this recently and has enjoyed it.

smythstoys/uk/en-gb/...A1nST2Q8nxRoC-

Bargain for £7, Argos have a pack of 6 party surprise poppers for £15 as well x
My daughters had a couple of these, they are a bit messy cos of the confetti but good fun, well she thinks so lol, the link you put up for the play set is a cracking price 👍👍
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 18, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
LOL Under wraps are the more favoured at the moment. My 11 year old loves them lol, I know they are very over priced but its what she has asked for and obv I just get what I get within her budget.
The under wraps ones are what I've got my daughter, she hasn't had any of those ones yet
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 18, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

They are a triumph of marketing via social media.

The whole world is bemoaning the sale of single use plastics, we are campaigning for no bags, no lids, no straws on drinks, no single use cups, and yet the amount of plastic waste from one of these dolls, let alone the "big surprise" is just shameful. Perhaps Attenborough needs to shift his focus.

Watch a Youtube unveiling and look at that discarded as well as that which is kept.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 18, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
My daughters still into her spinners too, I'm convinced shes only into lol dolls and and surprise bags after watching so many videos on you tube of over enthusiastic ADULTS opening them lol
Our lot don't watch videos as they dont have access to the internet so we're ok on that front thankfully.
If they were watching them they certainly wouldn't be watching adults opening/playing with children's toys though. But again that's just us x
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 18, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post

The whole world is bemoaning the sale of single use plastics, we are campaigning for no bags, no lids, no straws on drinks, no single use cups, and yet the amount of plastic waste from one of these dolls, let alone the "big surprise" is just shameful. Perhaps Attenborough needs to shift his focus.

Watch a Youtube unveiling and look at that discarded as well as that which is kept.
Not the whole world. I for one am certainly not campaigning against it. And nor are my family.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post

I mentioned something similar earlier on in thread and you are right, we got our daughter the big surprise last year and easily 80% if not more was plastic, a bit dissolved in bath cos it was bath bombs and rest of it could've fitted in a teacup. We try to recycle what we can but until early on next year our council doesn't recycle plastic from homes we have to take it to a recycle point and that's only for bottles.
Old 8 Dec 18, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
Our lot don't watch videos as they dont have access to the internet so we're ok on that front thankfully.
If they were watching them they certainly wouldn't be watching adults opening/playing with children's toys though. But again that's just us x
Works both ways the Internet with children, we are very careful with what lil watches, she still only has YouTube kids cos I'm wary of what is out there I don't want her to see but also with her autism she's high functioning and some stuff on the Internet feeds her need for knowledge... She has a brain like a sponge, hence why a lot of what she sees is vetted by us and we take advantage of parental controls 😊
Old 8 Dec 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Works both ways the Internet with children, we are very careful with what lil watches, she still only has YouTube kids cos I'm wary of what is out there I don't want her to see but also with her autism she's high functioning and some stuff on the Internet feeds her need for knowledge... She has a brain like a sponge, hence why a lot of what she sees is vetted by us and we take advantage of parental controls 😊
Sorry didn't mean to sound I was criticising you in any way as I wasn't.

We've 2 high functioning ASD kids and 1 non verbal. The 2 are glued to books. We tried to get rid of 2 full sets of encyclopedias that are over 30 years old and old history and fact books that are about 20 years old and my god they near had a full blown fit so they're back up in the spare room where they read till their Hearts are content lol. They love going to the libraries too and head straight for their own sections so we all take it in turns in the family to take them as you can be there quite a while 😂
The non verbal child loves being read to and listening to audio books, so we buy a lot of those on CD or cassette, and have an audio book account set up with Amazon for each house he would visit often (not many) so he can listen to something while there if he gets agitated or bored. My brother in law is a sound engineer for a tv company so he had been able to put various sound systems in rooms In each house for him and the other kids to listen to music and audio books.

I find myself listening to books while in the house on my own now too 😂