Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 Dec 18, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

The BIG Florida Comeback - 3rd September 2018 - Disney Springs & MNSSHP

Day 19

Got rudely woken by our next door neighbours talking very loudly by the pool at 7.15am! They had also woken Jim up at 3.30am by talking loudly outside . What is wrong with some people! They are very lucky they hadn’t woken me up as I have the temperament of a grizzly bear when my sleep is disturbed

Got up at 8 and sat by the pool. It was lovely out here just relaxing, especially as the noisy neighbours had left for the day.
Jim went to Walmart at about 9.30 to get some breakfast bits for us all. He came back with some croissants and pastries that we enjoyed outside.
Spent the morning chilling with all of us in the pool even me. It was blinking freezing

At about 12 we got showered and dressed and left the villa at 1 for Disney Springs. Parked again in Lime Garage then made our way to Blaze Pizza for lunch as I had heard rave reviews. It was really drizzling by now but were hoping it would dry out later as the last thing we wanted was to get soaked at the Halloween Party.

Bit of a queue but got served within 10 minutes. Jim didn’t fancy pizza, he said he’d get something later. I ordered ham & cheese with red sauce for Hope, chicken & bacon with red sauce for Sam and I had the Link In which is sausage, onions, peppers and mozzarella with red sauce. Took a few minutes to cook, got some sodas in the mean time.

These were amazing, definitely deserve the praise they get. Cooked perfectly and really tasty!
From here we walked round to the under cover shopping part stopping in a few shops. This one had some lovely gift items in but was very pricey!

We now made our way back to the car and drove the short way to the Wyndham to pick up Bill & Sylvia. This looks like a lovely hotel.

As we still had time to kill Jim got himself a baguette from the Deli in the foyer whilst I had a look in the Disney shop they had. Obviously! At just before 3 we made our way to the Magic Kingdom. I was VERY excited at this point!

Got parked in Scar 416 by 3.20pm. There was a tram waiting thankfully then went through security nice and quick. We took the ferry boat over as this is always our preferred way when there is no rush.

Got to the entrance at about 3.45pm and joined the massive queue for those with party tickets. We only queued for a little while as they opened up slightly early.

Went straight through the event entrance which took us round the back of Main Street and picked up our bags and starter pack.

Walked round onto Main Street in front of the castle for a few Photopass pictures.

It was now time for our Space Mountain FP so wondered into Tomorrowland. Bill & Sylvia weren’t riding so we said we’d meet them in the gift shop after. We walked straight through the queue and got on at 16.15. This ride makes me scream and laugh all at once! Whoever is in front of me always gets an earful . It really is a bone shaker of a ride though.

There was some construction going on so had to walk right round the ride outside before getting into the gift shop. From here we watched the next Monsters Inc Laugh Floor show at 16.40. We’ve never done this one before, it was really very funny. Thankfully none of us were chosen to appear on the big screen!

We now walked over to Big Thunder Mountain for our next FastPass. A great ride as always!

Bill & Sylvia now went for some dinner but we weren’t quite hungry yet so went to Fantasyland instead.

The kids and I went on the Little Mermaid. Jim refused!
We met back up with Bill & Sylvia and were now a bit peckish so decided we would eat now before the party started. It was about 6pm.

Could only be one place. Casey’s Corner! I tried to order via the app but it wasn’t working so had to endure the horrific queues. I ordered 4 hotdog meals & 4 sodas, $60 altogether

There was a very irritating woman smacking her mouth with chewing gum in the queue next to me! I noticed she didn’t have a band on, I was betting she wouldn’t be leaving once the party started. Spoiler alert, she didn’t! I spotted her about an hour later
Went outside with the food and what are the chances but Jim had reserved a table right next to them. Her, the idiotic husband and the 2 kids were all feeding the ducks. Morons! Bill even asked them to stop but they kept doing it slyly
The food however was lovely.

Once we had finished it was now 7pm and the party had officially started. We went through Adventureland to the first candy station in the Jungle Cruise area then by Pirates of the Caribbean.

Queues were long but moved constantly. They give you a good handful each time.
From here to the Tom Sawyer trick or treat and to ride Splash Mountain but Bill & Sylvia were still too full from dinner to ride. We really needed them with us as I wanted the photo of all 6 of us to go in the Splash Mountain frame I bought yesterday.

We instead went over to the Liberty Square trick or treat station. On the way over there were 2 Cast Members pulling huge trolleys full of candy giving massive amounts to those they went past. We did very well here!

We now went back on ourselves to ride Splash! No queue we walked straight on and had a boat to ourselves.
This is Sylvia’s favourite ride of all time which is why I really wanted the photo to give to her for her birthday.

We now walked back through Liberty Square to Fantasyland. Lots of going backwards and forwards tonight!

Went to another couple of trick or treat stations. Our bags were getting heavy
Now went to find a spot for the parade on Main Street and got a couple of Photopass pics on the way, it was about 8.30pm now.

Got a good spot opposite the Emporium. I obvs popped into the shops for a browse! Bought a photo album and some car window decals.

These will be mine one day!

I sat back down with the others and waited for the parade. A very officious Cast Member started barking orders for everybody to keep their feet up on the pavement. I know the horse comes down the street but there was still 20 minutes until the parade started
A photographer came round and took a very sweaty photo of me and the kids

At bang on 9pm the lights went out and the headless horseman came round. He really is very spooky!

What an amazing parade, we all really enjoyed it!

Jim had unfortunately had enough as well as Sam so I said they should just go back to the villa so they grabbed an Uber leaving me to have the car. Bill & Sylvia also decided to leave so they got a bus back to the hotel

I was a bit annoyed at their lack of enthusiasm, I only asked for one night for goodness sake but at the same time I didn't want them dragging their feet being miserable. Never mind Hope and I were still eager and at least we didn’t have anyone holding us back now

We made our way to Tomorrowland to do some more trick or treating. We needed to get a second bag each as the first was now completely full!
At 10 o’clock we went back to Main Street to watch the fireworks. Got a really good central spot which was great bearing in mind we turned up literally just before they started

Wow! They were just amazing!

We now went over to Storybook Circus and Fantasyland for a few more stations. They were all walk throughs now, it’s the best time to do them.

There was one more thing on my list to do and that was get a photo with the Tangled lantern.

There was a bit of a queue but it really didn’t matter we were happy to wait.
I absolutely LOVE these photos!

We walked round to the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. The posted wait time was 35 minutes but it only took 10 though. It was nice to walk through the whole queue as we have always missed it before with having a FastPass.

Fab ride as always, it somehow feels faster at night.
After a couple more treat stations we decided it was time to leave. It was about 11.30pm by now and we were starting to struggle!

Went round the side of castle to exit but had completely forgotten about the second parade so had to wait outside Sleepy Hollow for it to pass. Didn’t matter it was nice getting to see it again.
Took a slow stroll down Main Street soaking it all in. Once out in front of the station we waited to get one last Photopass.

Finally we were done so got the monorail back to the Ticket and Transportation Centre. Were soon back at the car and it was a short drive back to Windsor Hills. We got in at about 12.30, it was straight to bed for us! Jim and Sam were snoring their heads off already

Edited at 10:26 PM.
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
What an amazing day!

The rain at Disney Springs looked torrential. Yummy pizza.

The photos on Main Street are brilliant I love them all. Then you got so many rides done. I can't believe everything you packed in.

My favourite is Splash, the photo is great of you all.

I bet the parade was brilliant fun. I can't believe the boys didn't want to stay. Oh I'd have been cross. On our 4 park 1 day challenge Max and Dave went back to the hotel room and left me an Kate...what is it about the men and their staying power? Perhaps we're both just unlucky!

I'd love to get the lantern photo, I couldn't be bothered to wait in line when we were there this summer...on day. You both look gorgeous, you certainly don't look like you've been up for hours and had a really tiring day.

I hope you've got a photo of your candy haul to share with us! It sounds like you did alright if you had to get an extra bag.

A brilliant day I really enjoyed reading it.

xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Love the photo pass photos
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What an amazing day!

The rain at Disney Springs looked torrential. Yummy pizza.

The photos on Main Street are brilliant I love them all. Then you got so many rides done. I can't believe everything you packed in.

My favourite is Splash, the photo is great of you all.

I bet the parade was brilliant fun. I can't believe the boys didn't want to stay. Oh I'd have been cross. On our 4 park 1 day challenge Max and Dave went back to the hotel room and left me an Kate...what is it about the men and their staying power? Perhaps we're both just unlucky!

I'd love to get the lantern photo, I couldn't be bothered to wait in line when we were there this summer...on day. You both look gorgeous, you certainly don't look like you've been up for hours and had a really tiring day.

I hope you've got a photo of your candy haul to share with us! It sounds like you did alright if you had to get an extra bag.

A brilliant day I really enjoyed reading it.

xx
This was such an amazing day for me, I'm so pleased we got tickets!
Blaze pizza is just the best, I will certainly be going again.
Its like the law to have photos done on Main St isn't it? I love seeing the kids get older in each year.
The parade was excellent, they really should do a night time parade each evening when its not so hot!
I was cross to begin with but then I cooled off and realised it was for the best. We got so much more done with it being just the 2 of us. I should have known before hand as Jim really isn't a fan of Disney we should have just saved the money on his ticket!
I'm so pleased with the lantern photos. I would say the best time would be last thing at night if you are in the park late one evening. A photo of you and Kate would be lovely!
Thank you Abby

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Love the photo pass photos
Thank you, I'm really pleased with them!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 21 Dec 18, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Shame about the rainy start to the day but the evening looks great and I think it’s good that the others called time when they had enough but you carried on.
Some fabulous pics from the party, it looks so well done and great you managed to go on so many things. The waiting didn’t seem too horrendous.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Looking forward to trying Blaze!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

That photo where your both looking at the lantern is beautiful you both look lovely. Think hope really looks like you in this one too.

Wish we were going when we could do the lanterns my littlest is big fan of rapunzel
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Lantern pics are indeed fab. Just u and ur DD at the end. Sounds like our family actually😀
Blaze pizza fans here too
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Shame about the rainy start to the day but the evening looks great and I think it’s good that the others called time when they had enough but you carried on.
Some fabulous pics from the party, it looks so well done and great you managed to go on so many things. The waiting didn’t seem too horrendous.
As much as it annoyed me at the time it was definitely the right decision as Hope and I ended up having a lovely evening. No one wants miserable cling ons ruining things 😂
The wait times for the whole evening were really low. I had read mixed experiences of the party but we were pleasantly surprised!

IG - alicialanesmith