Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Dec 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Facebook Marketplace is good as people sell some good stuff on. I’ve kitted my two out in Aldi and it’s great stuff.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mountain warehouse are pretty good for basic and thermal layers etc.

DD13 went this year and is stocking up for next Feb. Tube ski socks off Amazon (do make sure they are ski socks) were good on offer. Lip salve with sun screen on a string around her neck was appreciated as well as high factor sun cream.

She preferred saloppettes with a higher back to ensure snow didn't go down and ski jacket with ski skirt, and ideally hand/thumb gloves and /or tight wrist elastic inners to stop snow getting up. I prefer ski coats with a sleeve pocket for my ski pass.

Also the school every year does a ski trip hoodie. Not sure that my kids ever really wore it away from the trip but seemed to wear it every minute they were on trip but not skiing. So an additional unexpected expense but worth it I think.

Am sure will have a great time.

Edited at 08:17 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Also the school every year does a ski trip hoodie. Not sure that my kids ever really wore it away from the trip but seemed to wear it every minute they were on trip but not skiing. So an additional unexpected expense but worth it I think.

Am sure will have a great time.
My dd wears last year's all the time!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
My daughter is in her last year at uni and still wears her hoodie from her school ski trip 😀
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

A few people have said TK Maxx, is this in store or online?
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
I bought my daughter’s in store, I was happy to get everything else online but we wanted to see the jacket before buying to check quality, etc.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
They often only have one or two. I buy online try on and then take back to the shop. Otherwise it is a bit of a jumble sale. Often the stuff in store may differ. So a mix and match approach works for me.

Depends of course if you have one locally. If not it is a little way to go if no guarantee of anything remotely the right size let alone suitable being in stock.

Edited at 09:03 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

My DS is going on the school ski trip in the Feb half term. The school have a great deal with a company called Surfanic and they have packages put together for you that includes everything you need. As we are going on a family ski holiday this Christmas we needed to kit my DD out too and they were fine with ordering for her too. We have bought for each of them a ski jacket and salopettes for £69.99 then
3x thermal long sleeved tops
2x thermal long johns
2x fleeces
Snood
Hat
3x Merino wool socks
Gloves
High spec goggles
Sun cream
Bag
All for £140. So £210 each has sorted them out!
I also bought myself some salopettes for £30, they should have been £90. I'm not skiing so didn't need the full kit
It all arrived last week and we are really pleased with the quality. If you want the website and school password then send me a pm, more than happy to give to you

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
No one has mentioned helmets, do they get them provided?

Our son took his own & had an accident on the slope & his helmet stopped it being MUCH worse than it was
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

They are compulsory I believe we could either hire or buy