Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Dec 18, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ashilda View Post
Hi all,

Does anyone want an unpaid job? 😉

Next on my to do list is car hire, I've looked on skyscanner comparison site but prices vary a lot and no idea what ldw is... does that just mean fully comp?! We want full size car not fussed on make. 4 people 3 cases collect mco 3pm 07.08.19 & drop at mco 7pm 21.08.19. Full insurance. Anyone love planning so much they wanna find a barg for me?!
Sure we only paid £240ish 3 years ago, things have changed!
Just to clarify your insurance question a little.

LDW is Loss Damage Waiver aka more commonly as CDW - Collision Damage Waiver. In simple terms if you have CDW and you have a minor fender bender for example reversing into a bollard you will not be held responsible for the cost of repairs, nor should there be any excess that you need to pay. Without CDW you will be initially deemed to be at fault and the hire car company may put a large hold on your card until blame is resolved. A handful of Dibbers take out separate CDW insurance but I guess that 95% of us don't.

The other important insurance (more important that CDW in my opinion) is Supplemental Liability Insurance or SLI, aka EL with Alamo. This indemnifies you against damage to third party persons and property. If for example your CDW fender bender injures and hospitalises another person then SLI is there to cover those costs.

Some UK operators only offer the state minimum SLI of $20k - hardly enough for a Band Aid and a night in a Florida hospital. You really should have $1m.

Andy at DFCH includes CDW with no excess and $1m SLI. Can totally recommend him from previous experience.

Mick
Old 15 Dec 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
15 day rental prices on full size car:
Hertz = £460
Budget = £423 (driver and spouse)
Hi Andy, how do I book this with you?
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 18, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Hi Andy, how do I book this with you?
Not Andy but if you click on Discount Florida Car Hire in the " Dibb Cars Banner" above the post it will take you to his website.

Edited at 08:29 PM.
Mel49 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
Not Andy but if you click on Discount Florida Car Hire in the " Dibb Cars Banner" above the post it will take you to his website.
I did but prices were higher than Andy's quotes 😣
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I did but prices were higher than Andy's quotes 😣
That's strange - maybe send him a message through the Contact Us on his website as you'll probably get a response quicker than on here and just refer to the price he mentioned.
Mel49 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
That's strange - maybe send him a message through the Contact Us on his website as you'll probably get a response quicker than on here and just refer to the price he mentioned.
Yes - just send him a message through "contact us" on his web site. Andy's very helpful with whatever queries that you may have on car hire.

Mick
Old 15 Dec 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Apologises for the delay. These prices are through my offline system which are coming back a little cheaper than the online prices.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List