Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Dec 18, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

I always book Jetparks, there's 1,2 and 3 i just book cheapest as they all have a shuttle bus on a loop that goes round car park picking people up to take to terminal and drops you off on return. Just remember which bay you parked in! I always book through Purple Parking,if you google discount code for Purple Parking you can always find one.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

You get top cash back on man airport own website parking

We are not far from you and i always stop over the night before but don’t take the day off or leave early. I pack up and get the bags all ready the weekend/day before then once we all get home from work/school we set straight off.

You can stop off for tea on the way down - if you are going over the top there is a lovely brewers fayre in tankersley. Then once you get to the prem inn literally shower and bed. To us its like the hol starting early with much less stress. I detest leaving early morning hours for flights and would rather have the stress the night before.

We only use the prem inn but I always book the ones near the airport as the one i think you are referring to as 9 miles away is in one of the major traffic hot spots so you might find it just as stressful.

As for parking, after a jet parks disaster recently we have reverted to man official M&G again. Yes its more expensive but well worth it for the convenience in my opinion.

Happy planning
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

The one it said was closest was coming up at £45 then £10 parking but the one nine mile alway was £26 free parking.

No idea what might do yet.

Didn’t know about top cash back for parking tho-thank 👍
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Gonna try and work out the practicalities of it cos means kids out of school another day. Don’t wanna be driving at tea time cos it’ll be bad traffic and hubby will have just finished nights.
Either way gonna be tired. Unless I drive and I really don’t like driving to Manchester. Do not like that road through Peak District. Scares crap out of me.
Another option might be the train (the day before). Transpennine Express runs every hour direct from Doncaster to Manchester Airport. What you save on petrol and parking could be used for the train fares.
Taxi from the airport to nearest Premier Inn is about £6.
Just a thought.
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
We drive on the morning of our flight all the time.

2.5 hour drive, usually park at APH and then jump on their bus in. Never had an issue.
Son in law forgot car seat last November they went and got it out of the car popped it on the next bus and 25 minutes later it was at the airport.

Its a 10 minute bus ride from the airport and buses are always ready and waiting at the car park to ferry people in. Well used facility.
Old 16 Dec 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
spikeybee
Helping Mickey

I always use jet parks 1 or 2, and have found them very good never had to wait longer than 15 minutes for the bus, and always plenty of room on the bus.
spikeybee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

we always stay at crown plaza Manchester airport with 16 days parking great rooms free shuttle to terminals and car sat at reception when we get back so no messing about `209 pounds plus the irish bar is a great bonus with lovely food too
bennyboy0751 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post

We are staying at a premier inn just 15 minutes drive from the airport. 9 miles away is ideal, a few of the premier inns closer to the airport charge for parking. We are 3 hours away so like to know we are close by for the morning flight. Then we use meet and greet, its handy as you walk straight into the terminal. Just watch that you use the official one if you are doing this.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

I try to always use Meet and Greet service.

We always drive, 45min to 1 hr away, never stay in a hotel, much prefer to sleep at home the night before as staying in one hotel room with the kids the night before a flight is not my idea of fun!
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I've booked Village hotel Cheadle in their sale today. £44 for a club room overnight. I'll drop my car in the airport carpark at T2 on the morning of the flight. No charge for carpark at hotel and much nicer rooms than PI imho.
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List