Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Dec 18, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
planecrazi3778
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Personally I couldn't think of anything worse. We arrived back home on Wednesday morning, yes we went over thanksgiving, which I know is always busy, but I've never seen at as busy in the weeks following. Everything was long waits, and previous years I've been able to get fast passes for things like rock'n'roller coaster the night before or even in the morning of visiting the parks, I couldn't even get them a couple of days out this time. The parks were dangerous imo. When we left MK after HEA we were walking out, and paramedics with a stretcher was trying to get through, they could hardly get through. The crowds were rude, pushing in line all the time, getting one family member to enter and then a whole load of them turn up before. We are giving the next few years a miss, after doing every year for the last 9 years we won't be going for a while, if at all. We also found it terribly expensive, what with prices increasing in dollars and then the exchange rate..
planecrazi3778 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

We went at Christmas, 2016. It was a lovely trip overall but the parks really were busy. One day in particular (can't remember which day but it wasn't the 25th) MK was too busy for us. We have a wheelchair user in our party and it was just too much, as we were leaving the town square area near the front was utterly packed and a cast member helped us to get through the crowds. Personally I'm looking forwards to being able to go outside of school holiday times... although reading on here it seems to be busy most of the time now.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

The week after Thanksgiving was much busier this year versus the same week 5 years ago, where we were able to basically walk on most rides. This time everything had much bigger waits and the crowds were noticeably larger - if anything though that might make me more inclined to go over Christmas itself, as if you want to experience the decorations etc and you’re ok with the idea you’re only going to do 3 FP anyway, why not?
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We went Christmas 2010 for Christmas week itself and the week after. I’d never do it again. The weather was bonkers. Ice some days we needed coats and hats and gloves and then swimming a couple of days. The crowds were horrific. Literally couldn’t see the pavement. Only enjoyable if you get to the parks pre opening every single day. Queues for food horrible even with ADRs every day we were waiting a long time for our meals many times. I’d go early December to see the Christmas things maybe again but never actually Christmas and New Year again it’s just too busy for me.
Old 17 Dec 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MissB87
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks guys for all your replies, some food for thought there! 😄
MissB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 18, 05:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Mobile

We have been here since the 7th and I think it’s a lot busier than I’ve seen it. We have hit the parks early a few times and managed a few rides and then used FP. It used to be a lot quieter early December but I generally haven’t seen low crowd levels.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 18, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
barbie5
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are here now, and staying over xmas however not touched Orlando we are on thr gulf coast and enjoying the beaches its not as busy, weather is hit and miss one day on the beach next all wrapped up and shopping. We love coming for Xmas but not Orlando the traffic and parks are just to busy for us.
barbie5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by planecrazi3778 View Post
Personally I couldn't think of anything worse. We arrived back home on Wednesday morning, yes we went over thanksgiving, which I know is always busy, but I've never seen at as busy in the weeks following. Everything was long waits, and previous years I've been able to get fast passes for things like rock'n'roller coaster the night before or even in the morning of visiting the parks, I couldn't even get them a couple of days out this time. The parks were dangerous imo. When we left MK after HEA we were walking out, and paramedics with a stretcher was trying to get through, they could hardly get through. The crowds were rude, pushing in line all the time, getting one family member to enter and then a whole load of them turn up before. We are giving the next few years a miss, after doing every year for the last 9 years we won't be going for a while, if at all. We also found it terribly expensive, what with prices increasing in dollars and then the exchange rate..
I said this would happen with HEA. We had an awful experience on the 5th December at MK.

We got back last Tuesday. We had a great time but we wouldn’t go again at this time of year for a long time. Maybe once we have kids and they want to see the Christmas decs. But I think it will be a cruise and stay with just a short visit to WDW. The crowds were horrendous. I’d take August over the amount of people we had.

We didn’t find wandering around the parks too much of an issue, but fireworks and shows? Nightmare.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 18, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
planecrazi3778
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I said this would happen with HEA. We had an awful experience on the 5th December at MK.

We got back last Tuesday. We had a great time but we wouldn’t go again at this time of year for a long time. Maybe once we have kids and they want to see the Christmas decs. But I think it will be a cruise and stay with just a short visit to WDW. The crowds were horrendous. I’d take August over the amount of people we had.

We didn’t find wandering around the parks too much of an issue, but fireworks and shows? Nightmare.
Yes it's so dangerous in there. If you become ill in there, there is very little chance of getting help to you. The Disney cast members don't help. We were all nicely stood on the path and they forced us all to be squeezed onto the road, us and another family in front of us refused to be squashed in so we stayed where we were.

Walking round the parks were fine, the waits for rides were horrible, and like you say the fireworks and shows were terrible.

We won't be returning for a long time.
planecrazi3778 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List