Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Sep 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Thanks for all your encouraging words and ongoing support. I must admit I am having to hold myself back from thinking too far ahead . Yes , She is still 20 pounds less than when she came out of hospital 20 months ago and that needs to somehow be put back on but the ‘ side effects ‘ of the illness have much worse than the actual eating itself ( though I can’t say it isn’t still difficult watching her struggle with food )

The anxiety , depression , lack of self esteem, lack of motivation, shunning of friends , fear of all sorts of things, introversion , the haunting looks , the lost soul looks and timidity, the running away, the not wanting to even be alive etc etc have been terrible and we are seeing the first real signs of a proper waning of these.
I just hope it carries on and that it gives her the self belief to make inroads into the eating side of things
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 07:14 AM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 03:05 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Thanks for all your encouraging words and ongoing support. I must admit I am having to hold myself back from thinking too far ahead . Yes , She is still 20 pounds less than when she came out of hospital 20 months ago and that needs to somehow be put back on but the ‘ side effects ‘ of the illness have much worse than the actual eating itself ( though I can’t say it isn’t still difficult watching her struggle with food )

The anxiety , depression , lack of self esteem, lack of motivation, shunning of friends , fear of all sorts of things, introversion , the haunting looks , the lost soul looks and timidity etc etc have been terrible and we are seeing the first real signs of a proper waning of these.
I just hope it carries on and that it gives her the self belief to make inroads into the eating side of things
I truly hope so. I can't even begin to imagine what this road has been like for you all. My love and very best wishes to your daughter and all of you. x
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hi buryboy
I have come very late to this thread but have read it all through. It could easily have been written by me. Very similar situation. DD has had 2 long in-patient stays, and over stays on general wards. Currently in on a paediatric ward following suicide attempt and very low weight. I recognise all the struggles you commented on. It's a very difficult illness to deal with. My DD is on the cusp of transferring to Adults which is very scary for all of us. Making the right decision about whether to choose in-patient or out-patient is so hard. Pros and cons for both. I'm really pleased that you are starting to see some changes - fingers crossed that it continues for you all xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Oh Reddab ,so so sorry to hear this . It’s a heartbreaking illness . I’m not sure there is much I can say that you haven’t heard before but if you ever need any advice or a shoulder to cry on , just post on here , or PM me
I am not going to lie , the transition to adult was very tricky , the control passes to your DD which when anorexia thrives on control, is a perfect storm
I wish your DD , you and your family all the best
Take care , Graham
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Ok , so we are two months on since my last update

Things have been relatively quiet . DD is still working at MandS and seems to be making a good impression . She is being offered plenty of extra shifts , which she is taking to show her willingness . She still hopes to be kept in after her short term contract ends soon

Her weight remains reasonably static, we need to be seeing some improvement as her bmi remains under 16

We are still seeing some anxiety issues with DS. He has just done his GCSE mocks , but struggles to concentrate on revising . We are trying to get him some rest time for his real exams and to take his exams in a small room . His ' go to' teacher though is leaving at the end of this term which really could impact on him through the next few months .
He went to Germany with school yesterday so that should perk him up

DD had some bad news yesterday . Her best friend from school who has been suffering similar issues to DD, was sectioned into a local mental hospital
I just hope that this spurs DD on with her issues rather than making her empathise with her friend .
Bad timing also on a selfish note as DD will be really missing DS while he is away for a few days
Old 17 Dec 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Some positives for your DD. Hope her friend gets better soon and that DD is not adversely affected.

Sorry re your DS' anxiety. It's good that the school has put some contingency plans in place. My DS had similar in place, but in the end he didn't require it. It's reassuring to know it's there.

Take care.
Old 29 Dec 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope you had a good Christmas Buryboy and your Dd and DS are ok.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Over all DD seems to be doing ok. So sorry about her friend and your sons issues. Hope you all had a good Christmas and really hope 2019 is a better year for you all. Please keep us updated as its good to hear how things are going x
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Wishing you all a happy new year! Hope you have lots to smile about x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 05:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for the update. May 2019 be kind to you and your family. You sure do deserve a break.
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List