Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Dec 18, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

How long would you wait?

I ordered some personalised invitations at the beginning of December and they were posted to me on the 5th via recorded delivery. They still haven't arrived. I have contacted the seller and they have asked I wait another week and if nothing then they will redo them. That takes us to Christmas Eve and I know that they won't get done then until after Christmas. This leaves us short of time on sending them out and giving enough notice to people.
I am pretty annoyed but guess there is nothing I can do. I paid via Paypal but I don't think I can make a claim back if the seller has offered to redo them?
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
That is almost two weeks ago! I would not be waiting any longer. I would be asking that the situation is rectified now as you are not prepared to wait.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahw607
Proud to wear my Ears

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I posted something earlier this year that then got lost while travelling recorded delivery. I gave it a few weeks then made a claim on the Post Office website, and within a couple of days the item had turned up, as well as a cheque to cover the cost of replacing the contents of the parcel. I don't know whether it was coincidence that it then turned up, but you have to describe the parcel, enter tracking number, where it was sent from etc. on the claim form, and I don't know whether that encouraged someone to track it down within the mail system and it was found? Maybe starting the claim process with Royal Mail could lead to the invites turning up?
sarahw607 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I ordered a personalised Star Trek chopping board for sil and it arrived in days. Get onto the seller again and explain you need them asap.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Thanks everyone. I am going to wait until Wednesday then email again as I really can't wait over Christmas. I am a bit annoyed that she hasn't offered to do them straight away as they are clearly lost and she can see that time is of the essence. Something that was posted to me recorded on Saturday arrived this morning so the excuse that is Christmas and post is taking longer just doesn't wash. I will definitely be leaving appropriate feedback after this. I know stuff can easily get lost in the post as it has happened to me but for me, its how the seller deals with it that matters.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

So often though a package isn’t lost, it gets put in a pile then gets delayed somehow so I would be the same as the seller, I had this happen with an eBay parcel and it turned up two weeks later. Luckily my buyer was happy to wait a bit longer which paid off as it did get there!

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Dds wedding headress was hired as it was expensive to buy (think a few hundred) and the hirer got a message from the secure delivery service saying they couldn’t find DD”s address (Central London) and the item would be in their system until after the date of the wedding. Cue panic but the hirer refunded the full hire fee and brought another better headress to the flat for DD, along with a matching bracelet. Great service from the hirer. Hope your invites arrive very soon, I would expect the seller to remedy the situation wuickly.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by princessgem View Post
So often though a package isn’t lost, it gets put in a pile then gets delayed somehow so I would be the same as the seller, I had this happen with an eBay parcel and it turned up two weeks later. Luckily my buyer was happy to wait a bit longer which paid off as it did get there!
They are invitations, so I can’t wait much longer and the seller knows this. I think I have been more than patient as it is!
Old 17 Dec 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

If they were sent recorded delivery have you asked for the tracking number? Worth checking to see if delivery has been attempted and the post office holding the parcel (they will keep it for almost 3 weeks before returning to sender).
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Are you able to look up the tracking number for the parcel to see where they are currently? I've never waited that long for something sent recorded delivery.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List