Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 15 Feb 17, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dolphinlou
Imagineer

Aww Mel, I'm super proud of you! We've come so far since meeting up as blubbering wrecks last year!

Can't wait to read more... x
dolphinlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
floridafamily
Imagineer

Hey Mel, I have only just caught up with your situation as I have only been dipping in and out of the Dibb to selfishly only consider my own questions and not keep up with peoples lives.

I am so sad to hear about things but want to say I am so impressed by your grit and determination to start creating your own memories, I have only read this day of your trippie so far and without wanting to sound patronising, I am so proud of you being able to do this trip and appreciate how hard it must have been.

I want to wish you all the best and say you are an inspiration to others by what you have achieved. Go Girlie, here is a Cyber High Five.

Jo
Jan 2012 – Disney Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Nov 2013 - Disney Port Orleans Riverside

Nov 2014 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Feb 2016 - Disney Caribbean Beach Resort
floridafamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Lovely to see a trippie from you Mel, and hope you found the trip got easier for you.

So glad you only had to do the alcohol walk of shame. From your little hints about a problem with the alcohol, I'd got visions of that bottle of Prosecco exploding all over your clothes in your case - think you got off lightly really.
I didn't think of ot like that - I definitely got off lightly!

Originally Posted by jono74656 View Post
Bless you Mel, only you could get stopped at security for transporting booze in your case (I shouldn't laugh but can't help it)
Yep, my reputation obviously went ahead of me

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Well done you. That must have been a really tough day in many ways.

I'm surprised you didn't break open the prosecco at the security gate and start glugging it down - I think I would have been tempted...
Maybe next time...

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Really impressed by your bravery Mel, your emotions in this day of your trip report will make for interesting reading in your future as it really was the start to the next part of your life.
Loved reading it and will be reading the rest too
Thank you - you have hit the nail on the head, this trip really does seem to have closed the door on that chapter of my life and given me the energy to start a new one

Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
Wow, what a touchingly honest trippie. An incredible first day for you, dealing with all those emotions!

The GF lounge sounds amazing!
Thank you - and the GF lounge is fab!

Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
I was really choked reading this too Mel, it must have taken an almighty amount of courage to do what you did. Tears were inevitable I'm sure but I'm hoping that your next day brings you some smiles too. The hardest bit is hopefully over and you can enjoy the rest of your trip x
Yes there are smiles in the days ahead

Originally Posted by OllieT View Post
OH thank goodness the alcohol survived 😂😂
Lol - can you imagine losing a free bottle of Prosecco - nightmare!

Originally Posted by Emma Y View Post
Well done you for getting through what must have been an emotional day, and making some new wonderful memories. I don't think you are oversharing, just very honest and open which is a great quality.

I am actually relieved re the Prosecco as I thought it might have exploded in your suitcase !

Emma
Thank you - I'm so touched by everyone's good wishes and support

Originally Posted by Yorkie Girl View Post
What an emotional day Mel x you did make me laugh though with your 'hidden' booze though I hope the rest of the trip was a little easier for you.
The day certainly had its highs and lows, but the trip got easier day by day

Originally Posted by dolphinlou View Post
Aww Mel, I'm super proud of you! We've come so far since meeting up as blubbering wrecks last year!

Can't wait to read more... x
Thank Lou - it seems such a long time since that meet. Still can't quite believe I met up to offer you support and ended up crying all over you! Looking forward to catching up soon - good to see you back on here

Originally Posted by floridafamily View Post
Hey Mel, I have only just caught up with your situation as I have only been dipping in and out of the Dibb to selfishly only consider my own questions and not keep up with peoples lives.

I am so sad to hear about things but want to say I am so impressed by your grit and determination to start creating your own memories, I have only read this day of your trippie so far and without wanting to sound patronising, I am so proud of you being able to do this trip and appreciate how hard it must have been.

I want to wish you all the best and say you are an inspiration to others by what you have achieved. Go Girlie, here is a Cyber High Five.

Jo
Thanks Jo - it really means a lot

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

Good on you for getting through the first day! My sister has gone through a similar break up recently so I can imagine how hard it was! It's strange that by listening to the Dibbcast for so long l feel that I know the team and really care about you all! Hope you have a fab rest of the trip and a fab new beginning to all the future adventures in store for you

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mel, I just want to hug you right now. Thank you for being honest about how it felt.
Already read the Glowtini girls so I know you have some fab memories, but looking forward to reading more.
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by katebush95 View Post
Good on you for getting through the first day! My sister has gone through a similar break up recently so I can imagine how hard it was! It's strange that by listening to the Dibbcast for so long l feel that I know the team and really care about you all! Hope you have a fab rest of the trip and a fab new beginning to all the future adventures in store for you
Hope your sister's doing ok - it's one of the hardest things I've been through, but coming out the other side now this trip really was the start of a new me!

Originally Posted by Tubbsy View Post
Mel, I just want to hug you right now. Thank you for being honest about how it felt.
Already read the Glowtini girls so I know you have some fab memories, but looking forward to reading more.
Thank you - the fun days are on the way - hoping to complete this weekend

Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 2 now added

Old 26 Feb 17, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Well done to you, a day of mixed emotions. I filled up reading this. Thanks for posting
Old 2 Mar 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
Well done to you, a day of mixed emotions. I filled up reading this. Thanks for posting
Thank you - started to plan my next trip already!

Old 13 Apr 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

A lovely day with some emotional hurdles. Thank you for sharing. Thought you were going to have the prosecco confiscated for a minute, thank goodness you got to keep it haha! Golden Forrest sounds like it's well worth the extra. Looking forward to reading the rest x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List