Notices

Old 28 Mar 18, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Charlie's First DLP Adventure - August 2018 - Pre-Trip Report *Updated 16th July*

So here I am again planning and preparing for another Disney adventure… this time we are off to Disneyland Paris! This is going to be a particularly exciting and special trip as it will be Charlie’s first Disney holiday!

This trip to DLP has been many years in the making (long before Charlie was even a twinkle in our eye!) as we are going to celebrate Paul’s sister’s 40th birthday. Being such a big celebration there is quite a large group of us travelling out to Paris but as none of them are Dibbers I am not going to include them all in the report (also with a total of 12 adults and 5 children it will be a bit of a challenge to cover what everyone gets up to!)

Let’s kick off by introducing our little cast (for those who have read my previous reports I am sure you recognise our faces but we do have a very cute new member joining the gang this time around!)

First up… me! The planner and obsessor of all our Disney trips!

Next up, my lovely OH Paul, the navigator and laid-back Larry of the gang!

Last, but most certainly not least, our little boy Charlie! This little fella made his grand arrival into the world in November so is currently approaching 5 months old (and will be 9 months old when we travel).

We are so excited to introduce him to the delights of Disney, hopefully he will follow in the footsteps of his Mummy and Daddy and become equally as obsessed as we are! His Disney education has started early with an extensive wardrobe of Disney inspired clothes!

The plan

As mentioned, this trip is a celebration of my SIL’s 40th birthday which is on the 10th August and as such we are travelling around this date to ensure we are there over her actual birthday (I am very fearful of how busy it will be given it being summer holidays but the dates were fixed so we will manage I am sure!)

The rest of the group will be travelling to DLP on the Eurostar but given how much stuff we are going to need to take for Charlie we thought it would be easier to drive down (we did this when we went last January and really enjoyed the journey so are excited to have the road trip again!). In order to break the journey up a little we will travel down to Folkestone on the Tuesday evening (7th August) and stay the night at the Premier Inn there. We took this tactic last time and it worked well, and for the bargain price of £58 it was hard to resist!

We have booked the 7:50am Eurotunnel train on Wednesday 8th August, being such an early departure I am dubious that we will have time to have breakfast at the hotel before we leave (ordinarily we love a PI breakfast) so instead we will most likely grab something quick at the Eurotunnel terminal before boarding the train.

On arriving at DLP we will check in to Sequoia Lodge were we will be spending the next 4 nights (as part of the 2 nights free offer). On originally planning this trip we had decided to upgrade to a Golden Forest room as we were keen to get breakfast included and we liked the idea of having access to the lounge. Now this didn’t exactly go to plan as whilst waiting for the rest of the group to confirm dates/plans we got somewhat distracted by the arrival of Charlie and by the time we finally got round to booking all the GF rooms had sold out. Sob. As a compromise we have booked a Montana lakeside room (to ensure we are in the main building with the rest of our party who do have GF rooms) and have also added on breakfast. Paul’s Mum and partner also got in too late to secure GF rooms so we will have them to breakfast with at the very least! (If any of you read my DLP report last year you may remember how useless we were at getting up and out for breakfast… now we are paying for it I am hoping we will be more disciplined!)

Despite staying in Newport Bay on our last trip we managed a swim at Sequoia Lodge and loved the pool there so we are excited to take Charlie for a swim whilst away... and hopefully being summer the weather will be nice enough to take advantage of the outside pool too!

In terms of what we have planned whilst we are there… on SIL’s birthday evening (Friday 10th) the whole party have booked the 6:30pm Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show in the category A seating (it is a special occasion after all!). I don’t know much about this show or the food that is on offer so if anyone has any experience to share it would be most appreciated… my greatest concern is how we will keep a 9 month old happily seated throughout! (I’m hoping being a family show I will be able to get up and walk about with him to keep him entertained!)

We have also booked a character breakfast for the Saturday morning as I was very conscious that the queues for character meets are no doubt going to be pretty long in August and I am really wanting to get some photos of Charlie with the main characters so we thought this would be a good way to make that happen without excessive wait times! This takes place at the Plaza Gardens Restaurant in Disneyland Park and we have booked the earlier 8:15am sitting (the park doesn’t open until 9am for EMH that day so I’m hoping it will allow for some nice photos down a more quiet Main Street getting in that bit earlier!).

I think that pretty much covers all that has been arranged so far, there isn’t much more to be sorted just a matter of waiting now! It’s hard to believe that over 100 days have passed since we booked… when people told me that time flies when you have a baby they truly weren’t lying!

Should anything else be planned or changed along the way I will of course keep you updated. There will of course be some shopping hauls to share too… Charlie will need a dedicated Disney summer wardrobe to get him through this trip! We also need to invest in a lighter-weight travel buggy as I am not wanting to take our hefty travel system… any recommendations very welcomed!

Thanks for reading along if you got this far, if anyone has any hints or tips for tackling DLP with a baby do feel free to share them… I’m a little nervous at the prospect so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Until next time!

Update 1: Charlie's first passport has arrived!

Update 2: Balance paid and Charlie's new wheels

Update 3: The shopping has begun!

Update 4: Charlie goes international!

Update 5: Another shopping update!

Edited at 06:12 PM.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Aww loved this! So bloomin exciting to have your first family Disney trip just around the corner! Eeeeep!

Charlie’s Disney wardrobe is most impressive

My chum Marie did that character breakfast with her little ones and they loved it! I just hope you get up in time for it

xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 18, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Aww loved this! So bloomin exciting to have your first family Disney trip just around the corner! Eeeeep!

Charlie’s Disney wardrobe is most impressive

My chum Marie did that character breakfast with her little ones and they loved it! I just hope you get up in time for it

xxx
It’s coming around very quickly all of a sudden, most exciting!

Haha I can assure you I will be triple checking the alarm is set on the Friday night to ensure we make that character breakfast! (Although you know what a snoozer Charlie is, it may be him we have trouble getting up and out!)

Thank you for venturing over to the DLP TR board and reading along... not that you had much choice! xxx
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Great pre trippie I hope you have a great first trip with Charlie, he is such a cutie.
emmabanana is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Charlie is absolutely gorgeous. Love the outfits - get them hooked whilst they're young, that's definitely the way to go!

We never did Disney with a baby, so no tips to share I'm afraid.

Hope you have a wonderful trip.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmabanana View Post
Great pre trippie I hope you have a great first trip with Charlie, he is such a cutie.
Thank you! I'm so exciting to introduce him to the Disney magic!

Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
Charlie is absolutely gorgeous. Love the outfits - get them hooked whilst they're young, that's definitely the way to go!

We never did Disney with a baby, so no tips to share I'm afraid.

Hope you have a wonderful trip.
Thank you, I have some serious wardrobe envy... he has so many Disney clothes that I would totally wear if they were in my size!
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Ahhh so exciting to see this all laid out! Also gutted/amused to see you’ve got your contingency plan in place for the lack of PI breakfast 😹

Can’t wait to see Charlie’s summer wardrobe. Bet you go mad in the shops over there - you’re such a shopaholic anyway and now you’ve got a whole new person to buy for!

The hotel pools look lovely - will be perfect in August. The time will be here before you know it. Hope you get some close-up pics of those leaping cowboys...
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
Ahhh so exciting to see this all laid out! Also gutted/amused to see you’ve got your contingency plan in place for the lack of PI breakfast 😹

Can’t wait to see Charlie’s summer wardrobe. Bet you go mad in the shops over there - you’re such a shopaholic anyway and now you’ve got a whole new person to buy for!

The hotel pools look lovely - will be perfect in August. The time will be here before you know it. Hope you get some close-up pics of those leaping cowboys...
I'm still hoping we can somehow make the PI breakfast happen, it seems criminal to be that close and not actually have one!

Oh I dread to think how many Disney carrier bags we will be coming back with... you know because we have to mark Charlie's first visit with at least 523 keepsakes!

Noted to document the cowboys for you
Old 9 Apr 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Charlie's a little cutie! And I'm loving his Disney wardrobe so far

Looking forward to reading along
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Charlie's a little cutie! And I'm loving his Disney wardrobe so far

Looking forward to reading along
Thank you so much, I am envious of most of his clothes... if only they did it all in adult sizes!