Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 27 Apr 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

June 2019 club!

Anyone else booked for June 2019?

Looking forward to this trip as all our boys will be with us on this trip. Our elder ones have had commitments or holidays elsewhere with friends over the last couple of years so will be wonderful to return to our old stomping grounds as a family!

We have booked POR for 18 nights but am already considering changes! - we are doing Universal as well so wondering if to have some time offsite...

Flights booked and paid for. Manchester to Orlando

Excited!

Who else will be there in June/July next year?
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
We are looking at June next year but waiting for Disney to release the standard rooms (have asked on here and someone has replied that they keep some standard rooms back to sell the dearer rooms first)
Looking at around the 6th
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Hi Ninja!
Interesting post I didn't realise they kept the standard rooms back? Is this a new strategy I wonder? As we've booked standard rooms on release day in the past...

We've booked Garden View at POR and assumed all standard rooms were gone already.
Not fussed about any kind of 'view' or paying extra for that 'view' as we keep the curtains closed most of the time anyway as people are walking past.

As there are 5 of us, the options are fewer.
Currently deciding if we want to book Cabin at Fort Wilderness instead, but not sure can justify over £2000 for the privilege to stay in a cabin when we spend zero time there apart from showering and sleeping!
You can buy a LOT of extra goodies with that money!
We will continue to mull it over, but we have some experience of caravanning and camping so I'm sure we can work something of a rota out to suit all where privacy is concerned!

Happy planning!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
We have booked a standard room at POFQ whoot
We go on the 6th June

Can't imagine trying to share with 4 others (especially them all being *boys*)
Our lad will be 21 (one of our celebrations next year, along with hubbys 50th and our 25th wedding anniversary) and it's bad enough sharing with those 2!
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

June 2019

Anyone else booked yet to go June 2019?

Couldn't resist & booked the other day.. Should've resisted as it'd gone down £20 each the next day!

I know, I know once you book don't look again!

We're going the 8th - 18th June.

Normally DIY but price was fairly good, so decided to book the package with Virgin.
Old 12 May 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Already a thread here for the June 2019 gang
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1077410
Maybe get the mods to merge the 2

Originally Posted by Bubble123 View Post
Anyone else booked yet to go June 2019?

Couldn't resist & booked the other day.. Should've resisted as it'd gone down £20 each the next day!

I know, I know once you book don't look again!

We're going the 8th - 18th June.

Normally DIY but price was fairly good, so decided to book the package with Virgin.
Exciting isn't it?! Where are you staying, how much did it cost you?
Old 12 May 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
Already a thread here for the June 2019 gang
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1077410
Maybe get the mods to merge the 2

Exciting isn't it?! Where are you staying, how much did it cost you?
Oh lovely thank you.. I did look but couldn't see one..

I'll take a look..

We're staying at The Rosen Inn International, we always stay here.. cost £1526 for the 2 of us..
Old 12 May 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Hey

June 2019 here too

We're travelling on the 8th - 18th Manchester - Orlando..

Staying at the Rosen Inn International - again!

First stayed here in 1999 on a school trip
Old 16 May 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Irisis
Excited about Disney

Another June 2019'er here as well!

We will be booking last minute for the first time ever. We're down to one income as I'm back in full time education to get my degree, so will be doing it on the cheap. My daughter will be 10 next year and I'd rather do it cheap and cheerful whilst she's still young than wait, when we're back to two incomes again she may well be a stroppy teenager by then who doesn't want to come.
Old 17 May 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Hi fellow June 2019ers!

Exciting!

I'm still considering moving to the Cabins from POR for more space, but have since heard more accommodation becomes avaiable at 330 days out so I will hang on

Last minute hols - I don't blame you Irisis, We booked last minute a couple of times when kids were younger, makes a lot of sense!

Not stayed at Rosen Inn International but friends have and they love it , plus we stayed at Rosen Inn Pointe on our very first trip to Orlano in 2004 (was Quality Inn Plaza at the time)