Notices

Old 14 May 18, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Touring Plans

I signed up to Touring Plans yesterday. Still a little overwhelmed with it all and trying to figure it out! Does anyone have any recommendations for room requests in Port Orleans Riverside? Ideally I think we'd prefer to be near a transport stop and the food court if possible.

I've hopefully managed to secure the final Mickey cushion from a lovely lady on FB so that can be ticked off the list. Also managed to get Thomas a bag, so that's the kid's sorted for our carry on baggage for the plane. Managed to order Thomas this:

Noah was 5 last month and we got him this Trunki which he loves so he is taking this

Caitlin turns 12 whilst we're there so she's getting her gifts and money before we go. I've bought her this bag

I turned 30 in March and decided to treat myself to this case which I used for my London trip and will use as my cabin baggage much to Mr Grump's dismay!

I've told him to shush and stop moaning ... see a pattern here ... he moans ... I tell him to shush and everything goes my way ... it's like magic

I am only joking, I'm not a bunny boiler I promise

As the kid's bags aren't too big (with the exception of Noah's Trunki) I will keep the snacks and larger items in my carry on luggage for them. Mr Grump can sort himself out

Oh! I seen someone mention on a group I'm on about how they managed to get Premium upgrades for 5 of them for £60 each! I doubt we could get such a deal but I'm tempted to phone Virgin and see what I can haggle ...
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have the same dates, but we're flying from Gatwick.
Will look out for you!
Old 15 May 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
This sounds like a fabulous trip. Has your DH got a twin? My DH only wants to get involved in the planning process the night before we fly on holiday! Then he only wants to hear about the next 24 hours. Seriously, he would prefer to ask at breakfast what the plans for the day are but he knows that would irritate me!

Oh and I'm one for not doing any washing on holiday, but we do get by with just 2 cases between the 4 of us...We find you don't really need to worry about lots of shops, each year I say I will cut down but I always over pack. And the kids clothes are next to nothing as they only need shorts and t shirts. Plus, you don't need towels as they provide pool towels...the less you pack the more room for souvenirs.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday, your ADRs sound fab you're doing some of our favourite character meals. I'm excited for you.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by piglet100 View Post
We have the same dates, but we're flying from Gatwick.
Will look out for you!
Oh that's great! It'll fly over. We have a social group for those who go in October/November and are gonna arrange a little meet up if you fancy it? It's over in the social groups section. Where are you staying?

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
This sounds like a fabulous trip. Has your DH got a twin? My DH only wants to get involved in the planning process the night before we fly on holiday! Then he only wants to hear about the next 24 hours. Seriously, he would prefer to ask at breakfast what the plans for the day are but he knows that would irritate me!

Oh and I'm one for not doing any washing on holiday, but we do get by with just 2 cases between the 4 of us...We find you don't really need to worry about lots of shops, each year I say I will cut down but I always over pack. And the kids clothes are next to nothing as they only need shorts and t shirts. Plus, you don't need towels as they provide pool towels...the less you pack the more room for souvenirs.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday, your ADRs sound fab you're doing some of our favourite character meals. I'm excited for you.
I think they just might be! We sound so alike we've always said he's so laid back he'd be horizontal ... nothing is ever left to him or it will just never happen ... if I don't have a plan I freak out total chalk and cheese!

Yeah I've told him I'm not going on holiday to wash clothes ... although I think if they're all winding me up I may just have to take a trip to do some 'laundry' (for some peace ) To be fair most of our tops will probably be thrown out there (the lighter coloured ones) as they get stained from the suncream.

Oh I never thought about the towel thing. I wouldn't care we bought them all some towels a few months back specifically for Disney! Whoops! Well more room for shopping Do you get the towels in Typhoon Lagoon too, do you know?

Thank you so much, a lady on a group I'm on posted today she was cancelling an ADR at BOG on the 8th at 5.45pm, however, I didn't see it till an hour later and missed it I blame my pain in the bum laptop as the keyboard decided to stop working and I spent 3 hours trying to sort it!

Does anyone know how to set up the ADR alerts on Touring Plans as I'm going to set some up and hopefully snag a BOG evening meal.

I've got an ADR for 1900 Park Fare on Tuesday 30th at 8.15am then onto Hollywood Studios but I'm undecided if we should change it to another day instead as I've read travelling time is about an hour ... any advice? X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
As far as towels at the water parks, we just grab a bunch from the resort pool and then drop in the towel drop after using at a water park if we're going straight to a park after.

For travel time from Grand Flo to HS after your breakfast, will you be relying on wdw transport or using a car? I doubt it's an hour either way. I'd expect a 10 minute wait or so for the bus and then maybe 20 to 25 minutes to get there. Not sure about car as we don't bother hiring...

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
As far as towels at the water parks, we just grab a bunch from the resort pool and then drop in the towel drop after using at a water park if we're going straight to a park after.

For travel time from Grand Flo to HS after your breakfast, will you be relying on wdw transport or using a car? I doubt it's an hour either way. I'd expect a 10 minute wait or so for the bus and then maybe 20 to 25 minutes to get there. Not sure about car as we don't bother hiring...
Ah we might just do that instea. Never even thought of that!

It will be Disney transport. We weren't going to hire one but we've done it for this first week as I wanted to go to the outlets and mall but I'm not sure if we will use it around Disney. Xx
Old 16 May 18, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Oh that's great! It'll fly over. We have a social group for those who go in October/November and are gonna arrange a little meet up if you fancy it? It's over in the social groups section. Where are you staying?
Ooh I need to go and revisit that thread!
We're staying at Beach Club (thanks to the mix up on bookings at SSR, thanks Mickey!)
Old 16 May 18, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by piglet100 View Post
Ooh I need to go and revisit that thread!
We're staying at Beach Club (thanks to the mix up on bookings at SSR, thanks Mickey!)
Oh wow how lucky are you?! Just a little bit jelous here! Have you stayed at either of them before? X
Old 16 May 18, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Hi Kelly, what a fantastic pre trippie, I've just caught up with it after posting on your October/November social thread.

You have a great selection of ADRs and your days look well planned. I'm not particularly a morning person so I've only booked BOG early breakfast on our first morning. My DH however is an early riser! But it's me organizing so he'll eat when I book. 😂

We went in 2016 and loved it so much I can't bare to wait another 2 years so already have 2019 in the bag! But POFQ with a few days at HRH next time.

Such a shame about not managing to go away with your dad but we never know what's around the corner so don't blame yourself... No regrets!

On the shopping side you should go with my DH as he's a shopaholic! And because of this we need at least a case each! I on the other hand am not really bothered about shopping whilst away! 😆 Bizarre I know!

It's funny seeing you talk about darlington and another dibber talking about yarm as we live only 20 mins from there and our two Dds go to school and my brother live in Yarm!

Anyway, I'll keep a lookout for any future updates and enjoy reading along if you choose to do a trip report?

Kat X
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Love your pre trip so far! We (=I, my DH similarly sees no point in planning so far ahead and does not get excited until we actually there &#128548 usedTouring Plans for both room request and dining alert and both worked!
You will certainly have an extra traveller on this trip; we took our DD for first time in 2016 and thinking of all the places my Dad would have loved to show her and enjoyed himself was quite poignant - sad but happy too if you catch my drift!
Looking forward to the rest of your pre trippie and trip report if you opt to do one (I did a pre trip last time and got round to doing a photo trip report 18 months later .. 🤭😄
Happy planning x
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List