Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 16 Aug 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

3 Weeks - too many hotel changes?

2AD 2CH (Girls 11 and 9) staying for 3 weeks and trying to make best use of being onsite at Disney, then having early entry for Volcano Bay (and direct access from hotel) and then Express Passes for Universal.

Just worried we'll constantly be unpacking/packing but hoping being right next to everything will outweigh that pain (and also be good for DW's dodgy knee).

Edited at 01:13 PM.
abzorba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wow. You are going to be doing a lot of packing. We moved once in 2017 at that was enough for us.

I would scrap the Cabana Bay hotel
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
staryeyedbird
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We moved 3 Times on our last trip that’s not including our stop before our flight just make sure you pack anything that’s no longer needed in one bag so any gifts etc are packed away out the way clothes wise we always pack super light anyway so I wouldn’t have a problem moving about
staryeyedbird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Is it much difference is price to make the HRH for four nights instead of the Cabana Bay.
Use packing cubes as well, they help to keep packing and unpacking a bit easier.
I would also put the last day at MK into one of the rest/pool days and just go straight to Univ and make the most of that ticket. You can always do two split days on your pool/rest days, say go to the park in the morning, back for a swim, then maybe fireworks at night.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

If you don't bring too much stuff it won't really be an issue. I am planning a road trip with young kids next year so that will be a series of quick hotel changes (5 to 7) and then we're staying in Disney and staying in 3 different villas (dates were booked out in the various different ones).

That said, unless there is a legitimate reason for staying there, you could scrap Cabana Bay. The hotel at the start, you wouldn't have unpacked anyway, and you probably wont unpack fully in the last one either.

I concur with the idea of separating clothing into types- as in what you need in FLL will be cozzies and maybe one outfit- so those could all be in one case at the end, save unpacking (partially or otherwise) several cases.
Old 16 Aug 18, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

2 more nights at HRH rather than Cabana Beach would be an extra £500 on the bill (it's Easter weekend and ridiculously expensive). And we've booked a Volcano View room so we're in the tower close to the Volcano Bay side entrance.

Ideally I think we'll keep at least one case unopened until we get to HRH and just have a small case full of swimwear and basic clothes for when we're at CBBR. And, taking the advice, should also have a post-Disney case full of souvenirs and washing that we won't open after we leave AKL.

I think (hope) it's doable, just with a bit of suitcase planning. And what would a Florida Holiday be if it wasn't full of planning?
abzorba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

I don't think it's too many at all - we once stayed in 13 different hotels on one of our road trips!

My biggest tip would be to invest in some packing cubes as you'll find them invaluable. IKEA or EBay are best. They're not expensive and will save you a lot of time! You just put things together - all t shirts in one, for example - so you know exactly where everything is.

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by anji View Post
I don't think it's too many at all - we once stayed in 13 different hotels on one of our road trips!

My biggest tip would be to invest in some packing cubes as you'll find them invaluable. IKEA or EBay are best. They're not expensive and will save you a lot of time! You just put things together - all t shirts in one, for example - so you know exactly where everything is.
Cheers - that's a great idea.
Old 19 Aug 18, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I'm ok with the number of hotels but 4 pool days within 10 days would be too much for me.
Old 19 Aug 18, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Ive no problem with multiple hotels on a road trip - im staying in 5 during my hol next month but it is a tour of the deep south. I think 3 different hotels in orlando alone would be too much for me, the constant packing would stress me out.