Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 26 Aug 18, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks all. It sounds doable as long as we go with the packing cubes.
I think we'll just pack a large overnight bag for Cabana Bay (and leave the rest of ths luggage in the car) as we only really need swim stuff for Volcano Bay.

WDW 1994, 2005, 2015, 2019 | DLP 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021, 2022
abzorba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post

The frustration will be not having access (or the risk) to your new room until 4pm!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
i have done more hotels on a tour of South Africa, but TBH tooing and froing from one hotel to another in Orlando would stress me all that packing and unpacking. However, I am looking forward to your views on the different places. For one too many at Universal, but it is your holiday The point about accessing your room before 4 pm is a very good point. I am sure you will have fun whatever you do
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I don't think we'll ever need our room before 4pm. It'll be late when we get out of MIA, checking into AKL first thing will just be us grabbing tickets and heading to the park, we'll have a full day at MK before we check in to Cabana Bay at 8pm, will just grab FoL passes early doors when we switch to HRH and come back to check in when park closes then finish with a full'ish day at Universal before we drive to Fort Lauderdale.

WDW 1994, 2005, 2015, 2019 | DLP 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021, 2022
abzorba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Now reading that back my worry is getting duff rooms by checking in so late to everywhere!

Old 28 Aug 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by abzorba View Post
Now reading that back my worry is getting duff rooms by checking in so late to everywhere!
Don’t overthink it. You could get duff rooms at 11/ 2 and 6. You’ve already stated you’ll not be in rooms that much!

I suppose it all comes down to why you want two hotels at universal only you can answer that one
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by abzorba View Post
I have never heard of hotels giving duff rooms to late arrivals, your room would probably have been pre allocated anyway.

To the original question, too many Orlando hotels for me, my maximum is two. I have done lots of holidays with numerous hotels but that has been because it has included numerous destinations. Like others, I would stick to one hotel at Universal.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

We did 6 hotels (1 in Fort Lauderdale / Disney / Universal / 2 on I Drive / 1 in Miami) in a 3 week period and it wasn't a problem at all.

For stays of a day or two we packed one case with the things you need every day and a couple of days of clothes. Left the rest in the cases. When staying for longer we unpacked it all - it doesn't take that long.

Moving between hotels is easy enough with a car or Uber - change of scenery is nice as well.

Only downside was having to leave Portofino Bay as it was amazing - if I had the money I would have stayed there for 3 weeks!
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jimsdadhalifax View Post
We did 6 hotels (1 in Fort Lauderdale / Disney / Universal / 2 on I Drive / 1 in Miami) in a 3 week period and it wasn't a problem at all.

For stays of a day or two we packed one case with the things you need every day and a couple of days of clothes. Left the rest in the cases. When staying for longer we unpacked it all - it doesn't take that long.

Moving between hotels is easy enough with a car or Uber - change of scenery is nice as well.

Only downside was having to leave Portofino Bay as it was amazing - if I had the money I would have stayed there for 3 weeks!
Thanks, that's really reassuring.

We've gone ahead and booked them all, couldn't justify the extra £600 to change from CBBR to just going to HRH and the ability to walk straight in to Volcano Bay will be good.
Old 2 Sep 18, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

I don't think it's too much. We just did 3 hotels in a week. Not. A problem. You just need packing cubes and to be organised. I didn't unpack properly the whole holiday. Just lifts out my cubes. Even my toiletries are organised. This coming from someone who usually needs two hours to pack. With the organised cubes for each stay or clothed times, I can now unpack or pack in a hotel room and be ready in 15 minutes! Something I never thought I'd say I can assure you. Even my DD 16 loves packing cubes and she is even better at it than me.

Edited at 04:02 PM.
tinytots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List