Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 4 Sep 18, 05:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixie24
Getting Excited

Hello Again

I am so happy to be able to say hello again. I joined the Dibb back in 2012 and was overwhelmed by all the help and support I got from thi# brilliant site. Me and DH had the most wonderful holiday later that year and booked again for 2014.

Then everything changed I became seriously ill with a rare autoimmune condition and was left barely able to function. We had no choice but to cancel but DH said we would go again. At the time I doubted it very much but over the last few years my health improved somewhat from those initial dark days. It is an incurable condition and I take so much medication I rattle when I walk but we both so badly wanted to return to our happy place to prove that, although life may have changed forever, we hadn’t given up on it completely. I made a really good friend through The Dibb, whose health issues are worse than mine, and she made the trip herself and this spurred me on to try.

Unfortunately, my health has caused a few dramas so each time we got close it just didn’t happen. This year we decided to try for May but again problems so we thought maybe September but didn’t want to get our hopes up. We had thought we would book it mid August but again issues (firstly two week wait for blood test results and then last week two trips to GP surgery and emergency eye clinic). Luckily blood tests result were ok and eye problem not as bad as first thought and now responding to treatment.

So, (if anyone is still with me ) we have actually booked it to go on 15 September 2018 and I now have dared to say hello again I know things will be very different due to my limitations but we just can’t wait, although I must admit to feeling very anxious. Sorry it’s such a long post but I do tend to waffle, I blame my meds but if I am honest it’s just me
Old 4 Sep 18, 05:24 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Welcome back, wow only a couple of weeks of planning, make sure your esta's are done.
Hope you really enjoy the break ,it sounds like you have had a couple of 💩 years. Are you hoteling or villa'ing it this time?

Colin
Old 4 Sep 18, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixie24
Getting Excited

Thank you Colin. Yes only 11 days, tbh my head is spinning and my lists have lists lol. Luckily ESTAs are done and passports are in date so that’s two things ticked. We are staying in a condo at Bahama Bay, which is where we stayed before. I see your trip is even closer, I hope you have a great time.
Old 4 Sep 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Welcome back! Hopefully you can have a relaxing holiday.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixie24
Getting Excited

Thank you Clairey. I am going to try to relax but it all seems a bit overwhelming right now as there is still a lot to do. I think I will have to burn some incense, listen to whale music and down a bottle of Rescue Remedy and see if that works . Btw your villas look lovely, I wish we were staying there!

Edited at 02:39 AM.
Pixie24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi welcome back
Old 13 Sep 18, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Hello and welcome to the Dibb. I'm happy to hear your doing better, I know how overwhelming it can be, try not to panic you can't do everything in one go. Just take your time, take in the atmosphere & the sights, look after yourself/each other and have a great time.

I'm sure you'll have a magical time
Old 14 Sep 18, 02:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixie24
Getting Excited

Thank you a11mark.
Old 15 Sep 18, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Welcome back, have a great holiday