Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 19 Sep 18, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Babiesmummy
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile Dilemma - stay in a Disney hotel for the duration 🤔

I have booked Coronado Springs 16Oct19 for 7nts, the plan was then to change hotels for 5nts & move to a Universal hotel or somewhere in the vacinity.
I have just had a lightbulb moment & thought as i've already got a 14day Disney Pass included with QSDP, would it make more sense to stay at Disney for the 12nts, then I would have the QSDP included for the duration 🤔.
We were hiring a car after the first 7days, so we could have some flexibility as we also want to go to Universal, Seaworld, Discovery Cove & some shopping, then onwards to Port Canaveral for a cruise.
The additional cost for the 5nts at Coronado Springs would be £864.
Undecided as to what to do 😫
Babiesmummy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

It’s a good dilemma to have
How much will the 5 days cost you off site?
I’d be weighing up all costs and also how much time you expect to spend at Disney.

Personally I’d probably stay at a universal hotel - because we love HRH and Universal.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Babiesmummy
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

I budgeted about £550 for 5nts, I cant justify paying to stay in a top tier hotel at universal to get early entry ☺
Babiesmummy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Babiesmummy View Post
I have booked Coronado Springs 16Oct19 for 7nts, the plan was then to change hotels for 5nts & move to a Universal hotel or somewhere in the vacinity.
I have just had a lightbulb moment & thought as i've already got a 14day Disney Pass included with QSDP, would it make more sense to stay at Disney for the 12nts, then I would have the QSDP included for the duration 🤔.
We were hiring a car after the first 7days, so we could have some flexibility as we also want to go to Universal, Seaworld, Discovery Cove & some shopping, then onwards to Port Canaveral for a cruise.
What a lovely choice to make.

To give some idea, I was pricing Universal to add on 3 nights to my Disney stay, and Royal Pacific was around £744 for the 3 nights. I’d then have to add in more spends for food. This was the cheapest universal hotel that gives Express Passes, and is for November 2019.

Your price for 5 nights at CSR seems good especially as you’d have extra QSDP for those nights.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Babiesmummy View Post
It sounds like you won’t be at Disney much even if you do book the extra nights there? So I think I would just cost up Coronado Springs vs off-site /Universal. Universal hotels don’t just give early entry, it is also the express pass at some hotels.

I was in similar situation last year, I had booked a week at Disney and was then planning to move to Universal. I decided to make it all Disney, that made sense because we dropped Universal completely and only went to Disney Parks. It may not be quite the same for you.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
It sounds like you won’t be at Disney much even if you do book the extra nights there? So I think I would just cost up Coronado Springs vs off-site /Universal. Universal hotels don’t just give early entry, it is also the express pass at some hotels.

I was in similar situation last year, I had booked a week at Disney and was then planning to move to Universal. I decided to make it all Disney, that made sense because we dropped Universal completely and only went to Disney Parks. It may not be quite the same for you.
I have to agree with this ...I can't justify the cost of both park tickets personally...We went for our first time this year and planned to do Universal next...Well, we are going back to just Disney and are saving universal for another time You have the entrance for 14 days and even if you really like universal can you justify the hotel /food/ticket costs of Universal on top just for the sake of a few days at a different theme park. I understand a lot of people want to do both but for my family of 5 it just adds way too much onto the price.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I always stay on site for Disney but would not if I were going to SeWorld, UNiversal and other non Disney attractions.

I would stay at Disney for as long as you are doing Disney parks and move elsewhere closer to the other attractions. The benefit of staying at Disney is lost when you are going off to another park/attraction. Also you are not going to be using any dining plantothe fullest extent if you are going to be at Seaworld all day.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are also booked to arrive at Coronado Springs on 16th Oct 2019! We are staying on site for all 10 days of our trip and doing Disney only. In your shoes I’d move closer to universal if not on site.

Last year we stayed offsite but closer to Disney and the travel time felt ages to universal/sea world so to maximize time I’d move closer.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List