Notices

Old 28 Sep 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel princess
Very Serious Dibber

Talking Williams 1st time to the Magic Pre-trippy

Pre trip Report

Hello everyone!

It's been a long time since I wrote a trip report but here I am, back again! The last one was in 2013, we have been back twice since then (including a Disney cruise which was amazing!) but I didn't get around to doing a trippie for various reasons. This time is different though, because this trip I'll be taking my nearly 5 month old baby William

Last year I wasn't sure I'd be able to go because my morning sickness was so bad. We flew when I was around 10 weeks pregnant and the entire week before I had spent becoming close friends with the bathroom floor! Luckily I made it and Disney worked its magic and I only had 1 day where I felt rough.

We'll be going for 10 days from Tuesday October 2nd - Friday 12th, flying with Virgin Premium Economy and we'll just be doing Disney.

I'll kick off with some intros….

Caroline (me!)

Since my last report Christian and I are now married, it will be 3 years in January. He won't be joining us as he isn't able to get the time off work I'm a little apprehensive about Christian not being with us, it sounds silly as I look after him on my own most days but it feels a bit responsibility taking him so far away. I'm sure we'll be fine though

William

Will turn 5 months on our 1st day. 1st baby. Ridiculously cute and most adorable baby known to man and I am in no way biased He cracks me up by being extremely expressionless at certain times. Just the other week we went swimming with him and he cracked not 1 tiny smile, it was like he didn't even realise anything had changed! Here he is giving a prime example of that on our recent holiday in Tenerife...

He's changing every day though and does seem to be a sucker for lights, sparkly things and women! He seems to go shy around the ladies so maybe its a sign of things to come

He was given a certificate on his first ever flight which I thought was super cute!

Sally

My big sis, otherwise known as 'crazy aunty sally'. She's the person at a party you'd be saying 'wow she must be drunk' only to realise she's tee total Very fun to be around, totally bonkers and doting aunty. Sally spent a year living in Orlando and needless to say LOVED IT!

Mum & Dad

These guys are a comedy duo without meaning to be! They've been to Disney more times than most of the Dibb put together now, are annual passholders and are going out for 6 weeks this time having also spent 6 weeks there earlier this year! They love the parks but are equally happy going for coffee, shopping etc. they get quite at home! We are lucky to have the best parents and looking forward to spending time with them

Flights

We're flying from Gatwick on the 11:45am flight and I used my virgin credit card free upgrade to get premium seats. We've requested the bulk head seats as that's where the bassinets are (though think William is probably already too big for one!) so we'll see if we get those as you can only put in the request. Having flown with Thomsons to Tenerife a few weeks back I'm grateful we're going premium as it was a whole new experience flying with a baby on my lap! He was really good both flights so I hope it's the same this time but I am quite nervous….it's a long way ek!

It will be just me, William and Sally flying together as my parents fly out a few days before us (they're at the Manchester Radisson as I type!). It's worked out well they're going a few days before as we've already put our shopping list in :P

We went from Gatwick recently and used the family line at security which worked well so we'll be using that again and hoping that immigration at the other side isn't too horrific! We purchased a pushchair (stroller!) before our last trip, a Silvercross POP we got in the sale so I'll be taking that with me. I have a carrier but never use it as it's so hard to get on and I find it uncomfortable so I won't be bringing it. Instead it will be a case of 'pass the baby'!

I think I'm prepared with all his stuff but let's see

Where we're staying

We'll be staying once again at my brother and sister in laws house on Lake Sheen - thank you Jonathan and Cassie! It's a beautiful house and I'm already looking forward to lying on a sun lounger listening to the water fall in the swimming pool. Who am I kidding I'm taking a 5 month old!

My brother was there over the summer and kindly ordered me a few bits I needed like a cot, and set them up for when we're there. I decided to buy a car seat so my dad will fit that. It worked out easier this way as my dad has his car for 6 weeks and would either need to pay for a car seat the whole time or drop it back which is a bit of a hassle. We'll be going again over the years so I got one that will last a long time. It's also a great excuse to go again….got to get money's worth from the car seat I also got a steriliser for his bottles and will be taking all his milk out with me.

Plan

I have no idea…except for Magic Kingdom on the 1st day! I know my family have sorted fast passes for some days but the general theme of the trip is to go with the flow. We've all been so many times and know we'll be back again so that takes the pressure off having to do everything. I have no idea how William will be, especially with the time difference but I'm sure he will love it No doubt we'll do our usual of spending mornings in the parks, afternoons by the pool and then out for dinner in the evening. I'm so looking forward to seeing Disney in a new light now I have William.

We decided to get 9 day tickets which don't allow park hopping. They worked out cheaper and we never really park hop anyway….we've not got the stamina :P

There will be plenty of trips to the outlets as we all love a good shop as well as plenty of breakfasts out, just can't beat Florida breakfast!

Well, I think that's all for now. Just 4 days until we go and I'm organising a taxi to pick us up to take to the airport, the case is upstairs with stuff thrown in and I'm feeling suitably unprepared! I've missed reading trippies on the run up to the holiday to get excited but time has just flown, I hope it slows down a bit whilst we're there!

I'll leave you with a few pics from our last 2 visits

Thanks for reading and see you on the other side xx xx

2005, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016 (including Disney Cruise), 2017, 2018

Edited at 08:22 PM.
Ariel princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
holidayrep
slightly serious Dibber

holidayrep's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Love it Caroline. I am crazy aunty Sally who is the coolest aunty in the world until you are about 12 when I become the most embarrassing aunty on the planet (according to my older nieces and nephews)

I am used to flying longhaul but as I have ADHD I get very bored and ususally take sleeping pills so I can sleep the entire time. I've been told I'm not allowed this time as I will be in baby duty.

Once there it will be a competition between me and my dad to find stuff to do we haven't done before or finds about Disney world the other doesn't know. It's getting tougher to beat each other but we still try.

Lots of lunch's will be taken in the villa but my favourite breakfast is ihop on the corner of 535 near Disney entrance.

I've got into playing tennis and the gym this year so looking forward to picking up some bargains.

My babies will be staying at home, they don't let us take cats with us and at 14 I think they will be happier at my ex's house - we tell people we have joint custody ha ha.

My adventure starts Sunday when I go to my sister's so I suppose I better think about packing!