Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 7 Oct 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I stopped watching it after the first Peter Capaldi episode but was determined to watch the first female Dr Who & LOVED it. Loved the way it just started, no credits no music just started - excellent, loved Jodie think she will be excellent she said in interview the writers & she wanted to make it less overcomplicated than it had become hope it continues the way it has started - well done all concerned.
Old 7 Oct 18, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It's the first time for years that I've actually been able to follow a story line in Dr Who! I loved it
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

I did like it but have to admit I found it a bit "flat"... where is the new tardis?
Old 8 Oct 18, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I thought she was great and it started well but then the story got a bit boring. I prefer the more complex scenarios that make you think. Towards the end I was just waiting for it to finish
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We loved it - reasonably straightforward story - I like the way it stood alone but will be built on - just like the older series - give a bit of an ending to the main story, but leave a cliffhanger - back to the proper old traditional Dr Who instead of the "Sherlock Holmesy" feel of late.

Honestly didn't matter a fig one way or the other that it was a female Doctor.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I loved it, always found it hard to follow but understood it last night!
Old 8 Oct 18, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

A great success in our house, loved Jodie as the Dr. We felt she played it as a continuation of the Dr’s character but with her own style too. Apart from a few references of gender change relevant to the regeneration, the fact that she is female wasn’t overly played on.

We liked the easier to follow storyline and felt the show was glossier and more big-budget than before which was good. Did feel Bradley Walsh was out of place and not very involved in the story, he was sort of a non-character (if that makes sense). But looking forward to next week now 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Jack Daniel's
VIP Dibber

Darn missed this, didn't even know it was on, watched you tube Vlogs all night,
2013 Aulani / Disneyland Hotel
2010/13/16/17/18/19 DLRP
2009 POR 2008 POR
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
2004 Orlando International Resort Int` Drive
1994 Holiday Inn Int` Drive
1993 Comfort Inn 1992 Continental Plaza
1991 Howard Johnston 1990 Holiday Inn Int` Drive
Jack Daniel's is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
I thought she was great and it started well but then the story got a bit boring. I prefer the more complex scenarios that make you think. Towards the end I was just waiting for it to finish
On a Saturday evening I just want to sit, watch and enjoy. No complex scenarios required 😁
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
dietcokebreak
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by asdageek View Post
Yip all is forgiven, I was worried about how it would go before hand but i LOVED her! She was fab!
Agreed! Not really a Dr Who fan (since DT left) but a huge Jodie fan. The girl done good!
dietcokebreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List