Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 18 Oct 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Would anyone know why they are doing this? It doesn't make much sense to me.
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
josephus_fl
slightly serious Dibber

josephus_fl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It's simply because it's impossible to train staff to recognize real ID cards from every country in the world. I'm sure some kids could easily produce a national 'Welsh' ID card or an 'English' driving license with photos and holograms. You can't expect a cashier in a store to immediately know they've been hoodwinked.

The penalties for retailers selling alcohol to underage people are severe enough that it's better to only accept ID's which are commonly recognizable. It's normal for establishments in FLorida to have policies that ID everyone before they serve you alcohol, even if you're obviously old enough. It takes away any type of human error and prejudice.

As every resident in Florida is required to carry a state ID card with them at all times, having ID for an alcohol purchase isn't really an inconvenience at all as you already have your wallet or purse out to make the purchase anyway.
josephus_fl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

If you check out the walmart facebook page they confirm the id they accept which is pretty much USA & Canada. I queried this but they ignored me so I pm'd them & they said they are looking to expand the forms of acceptable id.

Today on another fb post people are confirming they have just bought alcohol in walmart so I guess it's gonna depend on the store or even member of staff.
Old 18 Oct 18, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I've just faced timed friends who are in our villa the bought beer wine about an hour ago in our Walmart they were asked for ID which they abdcthectwins 21 had the 19 year old twins and their 17 year old son were there as well they did ask for the 2older girls I'd and were reminded the legal,agevtomdrink alchol was 21 and advised that it should be in the trunk of the car and the youngest 3 should not Handel
It
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 02:12 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

My understanding was this was Walgreen's new policy not Walmart's
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

My understanding this was Walgreen's new policy not Walmart's
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 03:29 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Brought a very nice bottle of cupcake prosecco from the Walgreens on 192 opposite Formosa Gardens Boulevard only last weekend with a UK passport.

Don't believe everything you read on facebook!
Old 19 Oct 18, 04:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Steve.S
Imagineer

Steve.S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Brought a very nice bottle of cupcake prosecco from the Walgreens on 192 opposite Formosa Gardens Boulevard only last weekend with a UK passport.

Don't believe everything you read on facebook!
I bought some Budweiser on Tuesday from Walgreens on IDrive @pointe, DW went on on Wednesday and got refused alcohol, only customers with American or Canadian ID are getting sold tobacco and alcohol, believe the Facebook posts as I am here now and can vouch for it 100 percent
Steve.S is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

i always go ABC on the 535 for my Alcohol. Find it has the best selection.
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Went in with my husband and because both of us didn’t hold ID no service. It’s not that I’m British either, just that I look young for my 25.